Separating Movie Types
Is it possible with XBMC to have separate sources and separate menu entries for Blu Ray, DVD, and 3D Blu Ray movies? As my library grows, it becomes increasingly difficult to remember which ones are 3D. I know my skin (Aeon MQ4) allows multiple menus but I am wondering if XBMC allows for something like this.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
yes you can break them out. You can have create a location for each one then make playlists to tell each source where to go.
A smart playlist can be set per resolution, so it should be possible to do this even without moving any files around. I'm not sure how it would work with 3D movies, though.
@patseguin

I've taken a slightly different approach to this problem because I also have quite a big 3D collection now and I often have the 2D versions of the same movie too.

So what I did is add a new Genre to the NFO files for each 3D movie called "My 3D".

That then means I can just go to Genres, choose "My 3D", and it instantly shows me only my 3D movies.

Other possible solutions are:

a. Use movie sets for this. You could make each 3D movie belong to a "3D" movie set. This is a solution, but not great, because a movie can only belong to 1 set and you may want to legitimately belong to another set too.

b. Tags. The new tagging system allows you group things together, so you could Tag all the 3D movies using the same Tag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separating Movie Types0