Karaoke (MP3+CDG) from ZIP/RAR archive
hello everyone,

one feature i would find nifty would be the ability to create zip files with the mp3 and cdg file you want to use for karaoke and then just play the zip file.

would that be feasible to be accomplished? i wouldnt bother if the container's extension would have to be renamed for other extension just no not mess with file assosiations. if that's the case, ".mp3g" i believe would be a good call.

thank you!
noticed on the latest builds of xbmc that its possible to play music and video files from archives.

it would be nice if the same could be true of karaoke file in the cdg/mp3 format. the 2 files are normally in zip archives, but i have to extract them before playing on xbmc. it would be nice to play them direct.

xbmc is getting better all the time, keep up the good work!!!
this works now, and afaik it has worked since the archive support was added..............

damnit ppl, atleast test stuff before you post requests/bugs!
ok...i see whats happening, i tried to open files from a network, and the delay is so long i gave up waiting for the file to start.

it works (sort of) when the file is on the xbox hd, but there is a sync delay incurred because mp3 playback starts before the second file (cdg) inside the archive is unarchived.

xbmc really needs to transfer whole file into local storage, and unarchive before playback starts.

i'll probably put this forward as a bug as its unusable as it stands.

macca
unfortunately I couldnt get my zip files to be detected with Kodi, however it still works with Gotham RC-1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke (MP3+CDG) from ZIP/RAR archive0