XBMC Channels
Hello. I don't understand a thing about programming but I'd like to make a suggestion, since I can't do it myself.
I called this YoTv and I wanted it to be an hardware + software box but using the knowledge of XBMC would be wiser.

So, my suggestion is to create a new tab called "Channels". Here you could create your channels from various sources.

Say for example, you want to create a Food channel: you add some movies about food, some tv shows about it aswell, some youtube channels or videos; the software, then, compiles these contents into a 24h (less or more) playlist and there you have your own Tv channel.

Some people just watch Tv to pass the time and most of the times, tv sucks, so why not have one or more tv channels that only play what you like?

The way I see this, if you had your HTPC always on, you could toggle throught channels instead of just content and watch your movies/tv shows/youtube videos as they play on your tv, never forgetting that you could watch any content from the beggining (in case your content playing on your tv channel is already begun), pause it or just watch the things you like outside the Channels Tab. Very important also would be to have a Tv guide that would inform the running time, the time it goes on and information/cover about the content.

So, what can I do to help make this reality?

You should take a look at PseudoTV

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738

I don't think it can take streams though.
Wow, this PseudoTv is amazing!
I just posted a reply on wether they could develop something that could let you add a youtube channel as source.
Thanks for the tip but I'm wondering if they can add this feature or not...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Channels0