Linux Problem with airtunes
I'm having real problems getting airtunes working on my XBMC. I've enabled it in the config screen and installed libshairport however XBMC still isnt showing up as a speaker on either my itunes or in banshee/rhythmbox/volume control. I ran avahi-discover and it does seem to "see" XBMC advertising itself:

Service Type: _airplay._tcp
Service Name: XBMC (Red)
Domain Name: local
Interface: eth0 IPv4
Address: Red.local/192.168.0.4:36667
TXT model = AppleTV2,1
TXT srcvers = 101.28
TXT features = 0x77
TXT deviceid = C8:60:0:BC:F2:32

I am running Xubuntu 12.04 with the XBMC from the XvBA PPA. Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?
This is the airplay announcement not the airtunes announcement. Seems your PPA doesn't include airtunes support - for beeing sure post a xbmc.log but you would see a raop._tcp announcment if the PPA maintainer would have done it right during compiletime.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

Which XBMC xvba are you running ? (wsnipex's ppa have airplay support builtin)

See : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996&page=95

And try:

Quote:Hi, for your airplay issue, i had some trouble recently i think because of an upgrade, i advise you to:

- enable debug airplay by adding this line into your ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

<enableairtunesdebuglog>1</enableairtunesdebuglog>

- ensure you installed avahi-daemon and libshairport, and that avahi-daemon is running:

sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon libshairport1
sudo service avahi-daemon status

- deactivate and reactivate airplay service and check xbmc log, if you see:

ERROR: Unable to load libshairport.so.0, reason: libshairport.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Then you have to apply this:
cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ && sudo ln -s libshairport.so.1.0.0 libshairport.so.0

and deactivate / re-activate and re-test.

Have you activated UFW as the firewall in your system ? (sudo ufw status) if you did and haven't authorized your local network it could off course prevent your device from being seen by your iphone/ipad
Please support my Blog, XBMC and Linux related :-)
http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with airtunes0