Caching of thumbnails locally
I want to cache thumbnails for TV Shows and Movies locally. From the tvshow table, I can see the thumbnail is linked to thetvdb.com.

1. Does this mean that thumbnails are refreshed from thetvdb.com every time I select a TV Show?
2. Would it be possible for me to fetch all the thumbnails and change the field(c06) in tvshow table to point to my locally available copy of the thumbnail?
3. Has someone already done this, and is it available via a plug-in maybe?

I have installed xbmc on a raspberry pi, and need to sqeeze some extra performance out of the device. Currently it lags a bit when I select a TV Show, and hags for a sec before the thumbnail is displayed.
(2012-08-01, 10:49)argief Wrote: I want to cache thumbnails for TV Shows and Movies locally. From the tvshow table, I can see the thumbnail is linked to thetvdb.com.

1. Does this mean that thumbnails are refreshed from thetvdb.com every time I select a TV Show?
2. Would it be possible for me to fetch all the thumbnails and change the field(c06) in tvshow table to point to my locally available copy of the thumbnail?
3. Has someone already done this, and is it available via a plug-in maybe?

I have installed xbmc on a raspberry pi, and need to sqeeze some extra performance out of the device. Currently it lags a bit when I select a TV Show, and hags for a sec before the thumbnail is displayed.

1. Those are the original files and are cached locally.
2. You shouldn't have to do this since the files are already cached inside the thumbnails folder so fast than that it won't get.

You can't reduce the size of cached files through making changes to advancedsettings.xml
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Caching of thumbnails locally0