xbmc fails to start libva error
I thought i would update the machine in my garage, well im not having much luck.

installs build 93 no problem , this machine is a full desktop install, not like my htpc. however i get this error when trying to start xbmc

Code:
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libva-x11.so.1: undefined symbol: fool_postp

This machine is an AMD 939 with a Nvidai GT430

Correct me if i wrong but i thought libva is for hardware accelleration on Intel HD graphics.

This box should be using VDPAU.

I tried removing and reinstalling libva-all-1

Code:
/var/log$ vainfo
libva: libva version 0.31.1-sds1
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Any ideas?
The problem is that those libs get linked if XBMC is configured for use with VAAPI. Should be changed to dynamically load those libs if required. Try remove an re-install libva1
(2012-08-02, 11:13)FernetMenta Wrote: The problem is that those libs get linked if XBMC is configured for use with VAAPI. Should be changed to dynamically load those libs if required. Try remove an re-install libva1

I tried remvoing and reinstalling libva1 , issue remained.

Have since checked out the source and its compiling now. I thought about disabling VAAPI, because im using VDPAU i belive thier will be no impact?

--enable-vaapi=no

Correction, compiling died..

make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so', needed by `libprojectM.so.2.00'. Stop.

Update - Fixed the broken symlink in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ and restarted the complile after configuring with --enable-vaapi=no

Bug 
The compile finished successfully and i tested xbmc this morning and everything runs as expected. Avatar is accelerated va VDPAU as desired.

Is this a bug, as compiling without VAAPI worked around the issue i was having.

Steps taken.
Code:
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vdpau=yes --enable-vaapi=no --enable-crystalhd=no
make
sudo make install

I noticed on other forums users logging a bug with VAAPI and VLC not playing nice either...

Now onto applying the same workaround to the main HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc fails to start libva error0