Movies not appearing in library or files menu.
After using XBMC for five or so months now I've encountered a strange problem. I was transferring a new movie to the media source drive (let's say Star Trek (2009)). Upon finishing I booted up XBMC. In the upper right corner it displayed the usual 'scanning for new titles' dialogue box and after a few seconds 'Star Trek (2009)' popped up for a moment or two in the list of movies updating.

When I went to check the movie in the library it was not there. I went to Videos > Files menu for the usual fix to this problem, however it was not displaying under the Files menu either in the associated media source.

I've double checked that the naming conventions match, checked the file/folder/sharing permissions, altered the filename/folder, reverted back, deleted from drive/cleaned library/put back on drive. Every time the same thing happens. XBMC appears to find it for a brief moment before apparently disappearing.

More than this, I have removed/re-added another movie file on the drive to find the same thing happening to that file now as well.

Has anybody encountered this before and knows of a fix?
It's almost always permissions problems on the server sharing the files if they don't show up there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Are you hiding watched items?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...he_library
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Definitely not hiding watched items as many watched items are appearing. I double checked just to be sure and that is not the issue.

As far as the permissions problems, I believe I have done everything possible on the harddrive to make sure all folders are shared enabled and have permissions set to allow the 'Everyone' group full access/control to read and write.

I am using Windows 7 (64bit) - is there any steps you recommend jmarshall or a link to a step by step on how to fix permissions issues?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not appearing in library or files menu.0