Linux Windows 7 to XBMCbuntu
So I have finally acquired a dedicated box for only XBMC and I was wanting to know if I can copy my C:\Users\Shizzle\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata and put onto my XBMCbuntu so that I don't have to rescan everything. If this is possible then where on the linux side do I copy the userdata folder.

Also if I just delete all the .nfo files for all movies and tv shows will it rescan my sources and then incorporate the movie collections feature? Or is there something else I must do to get this feature to work?

Thanks!
In Linux, the userdata folder is located in /home/<your username>/.xbmc/ (a hidden folder).

One potential "gotcha" may be anything that contains path information, since locations for files/programs may be different on the W7 vs. XBMCbuntu installations and the delimiter character (backslash vs. slash) used to define a path is different. There may be other potential issues.

I'm no expert on libraries or scraping, but if you've spent a lot of time creating and tweaking .nfo files to sculpt your video library to your liking, why not just rescan the library on the XBMCbuntu system with those .nfo files intact to get the same library contents you had previously?
thanks for the reply artrafael, I think that I will have to just rescan everything even though it is a pain but I think that I only have to tweak a few items that don't scrape correctly. I might as well start fresh with everything Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 to XBMCbuntu0