[WIP] As Yet Untitled Metro/Win8/Xbox 2012 Skin
(2012-08-08, 20:31)ZexisStryfe Wrote: One thing I have learned when using the Metro style (I am working on a similar style skin)- the Win8 apps assume you are sitting at a desk only a foot or two from the monitor, hence the touch-centric design. Because of that they are able to use very small text in their interfaces (like the music interface up top). I have found that you really need to dramatically increase those font sizes and tile sizes in order for people to be able to actually be able to read them when sitting 6 feet away on a couch.

All these metro (still calling it that) inspired skins has inspired me to try again creating a skin and yeah, I came across the same thing regarding how awkward sitting 6 feet away can be for text size so now trying a mockup for a touch friendly skin that is metro-ish.
Deleted
Might want to take a look here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewto...f=15&t=170 and http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewto...?f=15&t=50

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
dgm1960
looks good... i hope you are making it so the user can control the order/location of the tiles?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Deleted
dgm1960,
How about giving an option to use more of the screen realestate (and fit more menu items in), like this...

... this was a quick mock-up. I think it might actually look nicer if the weather and time/date looked more like the white XBMC, no boxes, etc.
Deleted
dgm1960,
I think my mockup stays true to the style of you are looking at, which is now named "Modern UI" (formerly Metro)... SmartGlass is a set of technologies (SDK with APIs) intended to give seamless development, and usability from UI to wireless, etc for all devices (tablet, PC, phone, etc)... like Apple (iOS) and Google (Android) are working on.

ModUI is a style guide which allows for a ton of flexibility. See some of the example screen shots below. Notice there are widgets/buttons in different places as the designer chooses, not just the center "rectangle"

Deleted
Nice work. Keep it up ! Smile
This is REALLY attractive. I'm looking forward to following the progress of this. Makes me want a new Windows 8 tablet -- Microsoft is finally becoming sexy!
Looks absolutely wonderful. How will you handle the picture database/album section of XBMC? I often feel that the skins of XBMC skips past this part lightly Smile
Deleted.
looks very good... the only skin I've seen that might make me switch from AEON NOX.

btw... it is difficult to tell right now, but the font size seems a bit small - especially for us in the older crowd where our eye sight is going. smaller, thin fonts are difficult to see.
wehere can we get it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] As Yet Untitled Metro/Win8/Xbox 2012 Skin3