MythBusters
OK I have tried everything and googled this problem to no end. I can not get Mythbusters to scrape. I see a lot of threads on many forums about episode numbering issues, but I can't even get that far. It doesn't seem to recognize it. I went over the TVDB and looked at their numbering system, and I have the episodes numbered according to their list, but nothing.

Example

MythBusters.s10e01.duct.tape.island

here is a link to the TVDB page for Mythbusters

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt
try renaming
to
MythBusters.1001.duct.tape.island

and see if that fixes it.

other than that not sure.
Try enabling XBMC debug logging, scrape the program, exit XBMC, and look in your debug log (wiki) to see what the scraper is doing behind the scenes and, hopefully, this will reveal why this program isn't being added to your library.
(2012-08-03, 07:18)Gazzyb Wrote: try renaming
to

That's wrong

/Tvshows/Mythbusters/MythBusters.s10e01.duct.tape.island.avi

Should work
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

(2012-08-03, 07:28)artrafael Wrote: Try enabling XBMC debug logging, scrape the program, exit XBMC, and look in your debug log (wiki) to see what the scraper is doing behind the scenes and, hopefully, this will reveal why this program isn't being added to your library.

I will take a look at the logs when I get home. I usually try to be a good boy, and post a debug log when I ask for help but in searching for an answer I found that people where having issues with Mythbusters cross platform. Ergo, I didn't think it necessary.

(2012-08-03, 09:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-03, 07:18)Gazzyb Wrote: try renaming
to

That's wrong

/Tvshows/Mythbusters/MythBusters.s10e01.duct.tape.island.avi

Should work

How is that much different than what I have now? If I understand it correctly the folder tree should not make that much of a difference, and in any event that is the folder structure I am using. I have a lot of other stuff that I have no problem with this is the only one I have ever had a problem with in the three years or so that I have been running XBMC.
I don't know why there's just ONE show that gives a problem. I have the same kind of issue with the show Louie (2010). Sometimes new episodes will scan in, no problem. Other times they don't. This is even with .nfos. I know my naming convention works. Just won't add that latest episode!!

So my sure-fire method for getting it scanned in is removing the whole show from the library and then rescanning it in. Not ideal, but it works.

Another naming convention you might try is 10x01 for the ep. number.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-03, 16:25)thrak76 Wrote: I don't know why there's just ONE show that gives a problem. I have the same kind of issue with the show Louie (2010). Sometimes new episodes will scan in, no problem. Other times they don't. This is even with .nfos. I know my naming convention works. Just won't add that latest episode!!

So my sure-fire method for getting it scanned in is removing the whole show from the library and then rescanning it in. Not ideal, but it works.

Another naming convention you might try is 10x01 for the ep. number.

What's funny, is that I don't have any problems with Louie. It scans and updates for me just fine, it is only Mythbusters.and its driving me insane. I have been screwing around with it off and on for the last two weeks.

edit: typo
I have my Mythbusters scanned as:

/Mythbusters/Mythbusters.10x1.avi

Try deleting and re-creating the folder. Go into videos and set the tv-show information again.
Do you have specials? Try scanning without them. In fact try scanning with just 1 episode.

You could also try:
/Mythbusters/Season.10/Mythbusters.10x1.avi
Or if not on server try with spaces instead of dots.
Or without the capital B?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
How did you create the nfo's?? was it with a third party program like Media Companion??

I had an issue where the tvshow.nfo was missing a line:
<episodeguide>

This fouled up xbmc until it was added to the tvshow.nfo, the show completely removed and rescraped. After that all episodes were added to XBMC library.

Before, I had some episodes not being added to the library. Weird but now sorted with latest MC.

(my 2 cents)
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Just wanted to report back. I am not sure why it wasn't working, but I removed all of the files and the folder tree. I then made new folders and copies the files back. Rescanned, and everything is working fine.
I had a similar problem.

Looking at the TheTVDB.com page you'll notice that it's not organized in seasons. Tongue It's organized in years!

Try:

Mythbusters S2003 E01 Jet Car.avi

etc.

This is what it took for it to finally import here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythBusters0