XBMC not able to find FanArt!
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is been asked and solved before but i searched high and low on google plus forum and didnt find a solution.

Ive used Ember Manager on windows to scrape one of my movie folders.

It is in the following format:

Movies-->
-->Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011
Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011.mkv
Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011.jpg
Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011.fanart.jpg
Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011.nfo
Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011.tbn

Hence, im using the following formats in ember:
<moviename>.nfo
<moviename>.tbn
<moviename>.fanart.jpg

The movie info and poster is loading up fine, or atleast it seems to be unless it might be downloading that through xbmc itself! But the fanart is just not appearing unless i manually download fan art through the movies details page within xbmc.

Oh and one other thing, although it shouldnt matter. Im using the latest XBMC build for Mac OS X and running it on Mountain Lion. I have also installed the default skins such as Aeon and Confernce etc..

This is my first time using XBMC but i have been reading all about it for past few days, previous to this im a NMJ (YAMJ) user, and i use my current movie library on my Popcorn hour media player fine.

Please can someone tell me what could be going wrong as I really want to set this up correctly ASAP.

Thank you and i really appreciate any help with this.
I believe you need to have it named Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011-fanart.jpg

That's what I use anyway and it picks them up.

If you have all your movies in separate folders then plain old fanart.jpg works too.
(2012-08-03, 18:06)unabatedshagie Wrote: I believe you need to have it named Captain America The First Avenger 3D.2011-fanart.jpg

That's what I use anyway and it picks them up.

If you have all your movies in separate folders then plain old fanart.jpg works too.

Thanks mate, gona try that now. Would be gutted if it works, but then again would be happy too Big Grin

However its wierd as the documentation and also ember says that moviename.fanart.jpg works too!
You can also have them named just movie.nfo, movie.tbn, & fanart.jpg. No need to have the actual movie title.
thanks guys but i think that might cause a problem with my YAMJ jukebox then, as was sure that it wanted the moviename.nfo etc...

Having just moviename-fanart.png seems to be working fine though, need to check with my YAMJ again and make sure its not broken anything!

On another note, is there a way i can add different libraries to my home screen?

For example, i have difference sources. ie. 3D Movies, Bollywood, Hollywood, Family Videos

Can i add these to the top menu under Videos?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not able to find FanArt!0