xbmc won't let my mac sleep?
sometimes i fall asleep while i'm watching a movie and after the movie ends the computer will stay on all night regardless of my energy saving preferences. i'm positive it's xbmc because i have no other applications open that would keep my mac from going into sleep. so is there any way i can make xbmc let my computer sleep?

i'm running mac os x 10.8 on a 2009 imac.
Go into Settings -> System -> Power saving, and change "Shutdown function" to "Suspend" or "Quit". Then press "S" on a keyboard or select the power icon on the home screen and select "custom shutdown timer".

You can also use XBMC's idle timer for just putting the display to sleep, but that won't sleep the whole computer (obviously).

"Shutdown function timer" might also be useful here, but I can't for the life of me remember exactly what it does.
thanks! is suspend the same thing as sleep?
(2012-08-05, 03:35)Ned Scott Wrote: "Shutdown function timer" might also be useful here, but I can't for the life of me remember exactly what it does.
This will invoke the specified shutdown function (Exit, Minimize, Shutdown, Suspend) after the specified idle period. I really like this feature and have my system set to suspend after 30 minutes of idleness.

(2012-08-05, 07:32)leitenperger Wrote: thanks! is suspend the same thing as sleep?
Yes.
thank you so much Smile
(2012-08-05, 08:00)artrafael Wrote: This will invoke the specified shutdown function (Exit, Minimize, Shutdown, Suspend) after the specified idle period. I really like this feature and have my system set to suspend after 30 minutes of idleness.

Awesome, now I can finally update that part of the wiki :)
Can't thank you enough for this. I finally narrowed down my mini's lack of sleep to XBMC but the text for these settings didn't make it obvious as to what they did. I thought the shutdown timer was similar to something you see on a tv for a sleep timer. I didn't realize it was a timer for XBMC once it was idle.

Now my Mac is happily sleeping when I stop it.

Color me VERY happy. LOVE XMBC Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc won't let my mac sleep?0