Subdirectory opened instead of movie played
I didn't know how to search for the solution to this. I am using xbmc to see my synology NAS. On my NAS I have two separate video directory with one specifically for KIDS and one with the rest of my collection. I am using the confluence-mod skin. This skin allows me to add favorites to the main screen, so I have set the whole KIDS directory source as a favorite. And the other video directory as a another favorite. When I go into these favorites all the movies are listed correctly, but when I click ok on my remote like I normally do on a video file it goes into a subdirectory that lists just that same movie title by itself similar to what happens when you click on a movie set Then if I click ok it will play.
This does the same thing in either favorites I have created but does not do it if I go into the default xbmc movies folder. Also changing the 'put movies into sets' toggle doesn't affect this.

Before I got this NAS I used the favorites option on the animation genre and this never happened. Is this a function of the synology system? Or the fact I am choosing a video source as a favorite that is causing this issue? Is there a way to stop this behavior or is it something I need to live with?
Are your individual movies stored in their own subdirectories with the same names as the movie titles? If so, the behavior is as to be expected if you are viewing your source directory in Files mode:
Code:
KIDS
  |-- Shrek (directory)
  |      |
  |      |-- Shrek.avi (the actual movie file)
  |
  |-- Up! (directory)
         |
         |-- Up!.avi (the actual movie file)

Perhaps you can scan your movies into your library and use smartplaylists to separate them into two sets?
If you scan them with "Movies in separate folders named lik the movie" enabled, then Stack will stack 'em down in file mode as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subdirectory opened instead of movie played0