[XBOX] Useful key mappings for the Xbox DVD Kit Remote Control
i got tired of putting down my xbox dvd remote and grabbing my controller because it could do more with xbmc... so i got to tweaking with the keymap.xml

i'm sure there's a lot of people out there who have tuned theirs and may think this topic is stupid... but if even one person ends up happy because they gained volume and scroll on their remote, i'll be happy.

i'll skim over the changes, and link to the file... then you can pick out what (if any) mappings you want to use, or the whole thing.

volume up/down:
on the dvd remote, four and seven are now globally volumeup and volumedown respectively. (these are over-ridden when appropriate)

scroll up/down:
also on the dvd remote, six and nine are now globally scrollup and scrolldown respectively. (these are over-ridden when appropriate)

shutdown menu:
on the home screen, menu on the remote, and back on the controller bring up the shutdown menu.

submenu:
also on the home screen, back on the remote, and black on the controller bring up the submenu used in chokemaniacs project mayhem skins (on skins based on those).

switch to playlist:
eight on the remote switches to the 'now playing...' playlist. (quicker than context menu).

moving playlist entries:
two and five on the remote now move entries in the playlist up and down respectively.
(was previously 3 and 9)

onscreen keyboard:
skipminus moves the cursor left.
skipplus moves the cursor right.
pause presses the shift key.
stop switches to symbols.
(shift doesn't work with txt-like remote input though Sad)

kai interface:
title moves left a page.
info moves right a page.
(could probably have used better buttons like 1 and 3, but title and info are easier to tap while navigating using the directional buttons.

these mappings have made things a lot easier for me, and i hope they help more people out too... feel free to use the entire file, use part of it (i definately suggest the volume part), or just sling insults at me.

note: if you use the volume and/or scroll mappings, make sure you add "<one>number1</one>" etc to numericinput and virtualkeyboard.

you can download this keymap file here.
save as keymap.xml in your xbmc directory, or simply peek inside to see what you can use.

feedback? am i ignorant to over-ride the numerics and player buttons at times? better suggestions?
try using a configurable remote and obc codes. it's so much better Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can you please re-upload the xml file? It's gone and I would really like it. Thanks for taking the time to create this guide.
Does anyone have a xml file for this?

I just got the XBOX remote control and wanted to configure it for my XBMC on my XBOX...any insight into this is appreciated!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Useful key mappings for the Xbox DVD Kit Remote Control0