Playing no DXVA acclerated files (like AVI)
since a few nightlies now, when i play non accelerated files (live divx/xvid coded files),
i just get a quarter fo the picture...YES, a quarter...if i choose screen size from Normal to original, then the right down quarter ist watchable, rest is frozen image. this is the quarter which is being upscaled to the whole screen.

Susing latest nightly
win7 64bit
3 screens

till now no problems, since to be new (like i said since a few nightlies now)!!!

PS: Don't know if it a windows problem only, so i didn't choose a prefix!
PS2: tried that http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1161038 Thread, and used the patch: no difference at all!!!
PS3: dind't open ticket, yet. wanted confirmation
Settings -> system -> enable debug logging.

Try to re-produce the error.
Close xbmc.

Go to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

Open the log file, remove passwords, and post the content to http://pastebin.com/

Post link to your pastebin in this thread.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Any DEV-s around?

And just FYI: a) not a noob b) been with this project since 2008 c) have opened dozen of tickets which have been fixed d) know how to post e) and what is needed to be posted

another FYI just for MassIV: since (if you wold have read carefully) is a problem a few latest nightlies and (if you would have watched the commmits being done) you know that a) is not my config b) is a problem with new screen allignment parameters (being commited few days ago) and c) before opening a ticket (and YES posting LOG in there) i would like to know if anyone else (windows preferably) has encountered same issue!!!

Edit: problem still exists with newest nightly (downloaded and self made)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13224, thats it!!!
Someone just opened a ticket no matter what Big GrinNod
If you know how to make a proper post on the forums, and you know how to post a debug log, then why on earth would you not include it? You've been around since 2008 and still don't know how massively annoying it is for people to assume that everyone is experiencing the same bug that they are, so they don't include any of the necessary details, and instead expect everyone else to hunt and search for what's going on?
Forgive me Sir, i should have recognized your name and realized who i was talking to.
Excuse me for wanting to see what was going on in your log file.
Shame on me for posting a default "plz post log" response.

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-08-05, 14:39)Ned Scott Wrote: If you know how to make a proper post on the forums, and you know how to post a debug log, then why on earth would you not include it? You've been around since 2008 and still don't know how massively annoying it is for people to assume that everyone is experiencing the same bug that they are, so they don't include any of the necessary details, and instead expect everyone else to hunt and search for what's going on?

1.) READ creafully: didn't ask for help. Just an invitation for folks with same issue, to comment. But if thats hard to understand for you two, well nothing i can do about that. Words can be tricky sometimes, yes!

2.) Because WIKI-non-DEV guy, you may not imagine, but: first i wanted to be sure that the problem occurs more than once (althoug i think it's a bug, wanted to be 100% sure it's not by my mistake). If that's the case, THAN i will go for a ticket and post everything necessary there (where the devs work and understand more than the usual Donor or wiki guy).

3.) as you can read above, it was a bug and someone else opened ticket directly.

4.) i understand that a lot of non-dev folks read the forum too and post, but you should be able to distinguish between: need help, don't know what to do, anyone else with this before i open ticket)

Next time i will open ticket directly and since i talked to one or the other dev, i just PM them.
Thats easiest way to describe important necessities

(2012-08-05, 14:43)MassIV Wrote: Forgive me Sir, i should have recognized your name and realized who i was talking to.
Excuse me for wanting to see what was going on in your log file.
Shame on me for posting a default "plz post log" response.

not reading, copy pasting and just posting, way to go donation man
But yes, u are excused

good day sirs and please close this thread: ticket was opened and being worked on
....and enjoy your week long ban.

You like numbered lists, so:

1) Knowing a little bit about code doesn't excuse being a dick.

2) I don't have to be a developer to understand that you really, really suck at reporting bugs. If you post like a noob, you get treated like one. No one cares how many posts you've made or when you registered. I've read your post at least five times now, and it still sounds no different than the typical "huuur, I have a problem and don't know what to do" post that we have to deal with every day on here.

3) Just because the Wiki is the main thing I do doesn't mean it's the only thing I know about. I use that title so people know they can ask me directly about wiki-related questions. I can change it to "King of Hot Dogs" if I wanted, but it doesn't change that I'm a member of Team XBMC.

4) The developers are the ones who ask for a debug log EVERY TIME. Far more often than not, you waste their time by making these pointless "just checking first" posts than if you just got to the point and made a proper bug report and/or post. I should know, because I talk to them every day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing no DXVA acclerated files (like AVI)0