XBMC crashing on pause
Hi there,

since a few days XBMC crashes when pausing a movie. iOS version is 4.3 (8F455), XBMC is Eden Final 11.0 (had same behaviour with 11.0.4). Files are on a Synology NAS (NFS Mount). Did not have this issues with 4.2.1 but i do not want to downgrade again if another possibility exists to resolve this problem.

Any suggestions?

CrashReporter
xbmc.log
syslog

Edit: Mhh, tested around, seems that it does not happen with every file, just with certain mkvs. Perhaps it's not XBMC related.
let me guess, you pause for a long time, your NAS goes to sleep and spins down its drives, you unpause xbmc, boom.
Yes, i pause for a long time (happened about 4 minutes on pause) but no, my NAS does not go to sleep. Drives never spin down Wink And XBMC did not crash when trying to resume, it crashed while paused.
move the thumbs to the same nfs export like your movies. Known issue in eden - fixed in frodo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What do you mean? My movies are on nfs://192.168.100.101/volume2 and my thumbs are as well
Don't fool me Wink

Code:
DVDPlayer: Opening: nfs://192.168.100.101/volume1/temp/YYY/Hawaii-Inside.Paradise.3v5.-.Oahu.-.Das.Herz.von.Hawaii.mkv

vs.

Code:
nfs://192.168.100.101/volume2/xbmc/Thumbnails
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Oh i see, volume1 is my temp volume Wink So in that case it would be better to use smb for thumbnail substitution? Went from smb to nfs for thumbs in the past days... never change a running system i guess

Edit: Ok tried another mkv from volume1, no crash. Also, the files tested have not been added into the library, they are in a temp folder. Did not notice any problems with library items, wether they are stored on volume1 or on volume2. Is this a bug that occurs randomly?
its when you play a movie from export1 while having thumbs substituted to export2. Then you have to play a while. And once you hit pause it will try to fetch a thumb on a stale nfs context and boom. (play the movie for at least 10 mins, then pause. It will crash as long as the thumb wasn't cached to local before).
I see. Went back to smb for pathsubstitution and guess what? All my trouble is gone Wink Thx for the hint, i would have never realized that it might has to do with nfs and pathsubstitution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashing on pause0