Win File "XBMC.exe" won't install
So this seems a little strange to me. I was previously using XBMC version 10 and had no really issues with it. Today I went to install version 11 and I received this error:

If I clicked ignore, it will finish installing the program and I can launch it, but I cannot access any of my video files through it. I can click on "movies', "files", "library" but they all come up with a blank black screen. So am I doing something wrong, is the executable corrupt or is there a way to just insert that file to make it work again? Maybe a previous build would work, but I don't know where to get the legacy builds.
Can't see the image. Are you using xbmc in shell mode? If so you will get error while installing xbmc.
Sorry, here is the picture, and no, it's not shell.

Image[/img]

Hi,

you seem to either run Vista or 7.
The error you've posted is usually caused when
1. XBMC is running somewhere in the background, so the installer can't overwrite its exe-file or
2. UAC is enabled and blocks writing in folders that are relevant for the system's stability or
3. the user you are logged in with doesn't have administrative rights to install programs

Maybe one of these will help you.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2012-08-05, 20:36)Fry7 Wrote: Hi,

you seem to either run Vista or 7.
The error you've posted is usually caused when
1. XBMC is running somewhere in the background, so the installer can't overwrite its exe-file or
2. UAC is enabled and blocks writing in folders that are relevant for the system's stability or
3. the user you are logged in with doesn't have administrative rights to install programs

Maybe one of these will help you.

So there is a possibility that it's the XBMC file not being overwritten. I uninstalled XBMC, but it left 3 files in the directory:

* libcdio-13.dll
* libiconv-2.dll
* XBMC.exe

For whatever reason I can't delete these as it sas they are still in use by the system, but they are not open. Any ideas on this one?
Open task manager. Click on processes and see if it is still running and kill it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Got it! Restarted the system after the uninstall and I was able to remove the other files and reinstall. Seems to be working now. Unfortunately now I have to set everything back up. oh well...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File "XBMC.exe" won't install0