exfat HDD automount?
Hello,

I've installed XBMCbuntu and I have a 1T secondary HDD formatted as exFAT.

I've added Linux support for exFAT but for my secondary disk to mount properly I have to login on XBMCbuntu and open the file manager, click on the secondary disk. Then I logout and login on XBMC to be able to watch my movies.

If I just login on XBMC the disk is not mounted.

Is there a way for XBMC to auto-mount this secondary HDD?
A little Google Fu will yield far better guides than I could type up here on manually editing the fstab (I used mount manager, an easier solution for me, Google it for directions on how to install it) to auto mount a drive. I will say this, I never could get a drive mounted under the /media folder to auto mount, but it would mount when I created a folder under /home. If I recall, /media is where Ubuntu auto mounts removable drives, and it would not auto mount at boot there, for me at least.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

If you don't feel comfortable editing /etc/fstab manually, you can use PySDM to handle this for you. Go to the XBMCbuntu desktop and launch Synaptic Package Manager (Start > System Tools), search for pysdm and select the options to install the package. Alternatively, you can open a terminal session and enter the command: sudo apt-get install pysdm

After installation is complete, you should find "Storage Device Manager" in your "System Tools" applications. See this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to use PySDM to mount a disk (skip the installation steps in the guide).
the pysdm solution worked like a charm.

I think the only trick there is to mark the HDD as 'mounted during boot time' in the configurations for that specific drive.

thanks guys for such a prompt response !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
exfat HDD automount?0