• 4(current)
Making NFL Game Pass work?
You guys may find more support at the project's github page:

https://github.com/Alexqw/xbmc-gamepass/

There was a commit a couple weeks ago that solved some live stream problems for many users.
The update was working great on Sunday, but the add-on didn't work at all last night for Monday Night Football. It said the login was incorrect. Did it have anything to do with the fact that nationally televised games are blacked out? It shouldn't for me, as I use a DNS service to get around that.
Probably. In Canada, I can watch all the games except for the nationally broadcast ones - Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games (and maybe a couple others). If I try to watch these games, the video loads and plays for a few minutes, but then freezes and drops me back to the main menu.
Ok, well I didn't even get the video to start. I'll try again this Thursday and see what happens.
that addon is nice, but for me during games on sunday not useable because of the buffer problems, i always have to switch to a browser to watch the games, but if its during the week its great
I've pretty well given up on the gamepass addon. Rebuffers constantly. I believe it's a problem with the way XBMC does the buffering. Doesn't matter whether I choose software or hardware buffering or the size I set the buffer. I'm watching the games now through the browser on the NFL site. Resolution is not as good as with Gamepass on XBMC, but at least it seldom rebuffers.
(2014-11-10, 22:28)rgsherr Wrote: I've pretty well given up on the gamepass addon. Rebuffers constantly. I believe it's a problem with the way XBMC does the buffering. Doesn't matter whether I choose software or hardware buffering or the size I set the buffer. I'm watching the games now through the browser on the NFL site. Resolution is not as good as with Gamepass on XBMC, but at least it seldom rebuffers.

Are you accessing through a proxy/vpn? Is it fast enough?

I had some problems with buffering when trying to go through VPN (to get around location restrictions.) I also had the same problems sometimes in a browser too. However, I've found that if I turn on my VPN... open the gamepass addon... start a stream... then turn off VPN. I can access and switch back and forth between streams at full resolution with no buffering.

I actually get better quality and less streaming with the xbmc add-on than I did using the official site through the browser.
For me, this add-on has been working well for the last month and a bit.

The only little concern I have is that the surround sound is not being passed through properly, and I can hear the announcers through the rear speakers, which I shouldn't be. Perhaps someone could get that fixed, which would really be appreciated. Thanks.
does anyone having issues when running this app on kodi ? for me it only works on XBMC Gotham 13.2, when i try it on kodi 14 final or one of those nighty builds beta´s of kodi, the picture has these micro hiccups, every seconds the picture hangs for a micro second, unwatchable, i don´t have these issues using XBMC Gotham, this is on an amazon fire tv

edit: this issue can be fixed the following way :

Go to settings / video/ acceleration / change decoding method to software.
I cant get live streams working anymore. They all how as "upcoming game" while in progress. Worked fine with no changes to my configuration until about a week or two ago.
question is the version 0.7.1 really optimized for Kodi Isengard ? it looks like i have buffer problems on NFL Network on regular basis now, that wasn´t really an issue with Kodi 14.2 or are there any new settings i should adjust, i dont use the hardwarce acceleration on my fire tv because that gives the video a little hitch but any other setting in 15.0 you recommend ?
(2015-08-03, 17:45)Al13 Wrote: question is the version 0.7.1 really optimized for Kodi Isengard ? it looks like i have buffer problems on NFL Network on regular basis now, that wasn´t really an issue with Kodi 14.2 or are there any new settings i should adjust, i dont use the hardwarce acceleration on my fire tv because that gives the video a little hitch but any other setting in 15.0 you recommend ?

Your problem is almost certainly the hardware acceleration; you need to enable that. 1080p playback it a pretty intensive task without hardware assistance. Also, remember that the streams are encrypted too, so decrypting an HD stream in real-time and playing it back... that's a lot for that poor ARM box to handle. ;-)

As an aside, I've noticed that the GamePass servers are a little sketchy around this time every year. They're making a lot of updates to the servers, and (I assume) their capacity hasn't scaled up yet like it does for the regular season.

---Alex
(2015-08-03, 18:08)Alexqw Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 17:45)Al13 Wrote: question is the version 0.7.1 really optimized for Kodi Isengard ? it looks like i have buffer problems on NFL Network on regular basis now, that wasn´t really an issue with Kodi 14.2 or are there any new settings i should adjust, i dont use the hardwarce acceleration on my fire tv because that gives the video a little hitch but any other setting in 15.0 you recommend ?

Your problem is almost certainly the hardware acceleration; you need to enable that. 1080p playback it a pretty intensive task without hardware assistance. Also, remember that the streams are encrypted too, so decrypting an HD stream in real-time and playing it back... that's a lot for that poor ARM box to handle. ;-)

As an aside, I've noticed that the GamePass servers are a little sketchy around this time every year. They're making a lot of updates to the servers, and (I assume) their capacity hasn't scaled up yet like it does for the regular season.

---Alex

hey thanks for your reply, appreciate it, the thing is when i enable hardware accleration there are these micro hiccups in the picture that won´t go away , which of the two should be enabled libstagefright or MediaCodec ?

also the latest version 0.72 won´t start for me, it says it needs to download additional addons to make it work and then the error with "something went down" comes and goes in a loop, i´m using kodi 15.1 Release Candidate

any solution for that, which additional files are missing ? doesn´t say it
WHy can't The plugin use the internal kodi Cache?

especally when i watch games on tape?

Here it buffering many times with a 32 Mbit Internet Connection.
(2015-08-23, 13:59)WHamilton Wrote: WHy can't The plugin use the internal kodi Cache?

especally when i watch games on tape?

Here it buffering many times with a 32 Mbit Internet Connection.

I don't quite know you mean about games on tape... but I wasn't aware there was a cache we could use. As far as I'm aware, Kodi and ffmpeg handle all the buffering automatically. If you (any anyone) knows of a streaming cache we can plug into, please let us know.

Also, as an aside, the majority of the developers/community is at the GitHub repo[1]. I rarely read here on the Kodi forums.

---Alex

[1] https://github.com/Alexqw/xbmc-gamepass
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making NFL Game Pass work?0