• 5(current)
Making NFL Game Pass work?
"on tape" = watching games relive or condensed games. There is stream already on the server isntead of live streaming.

About the internal kodi Video Cache: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache or http://kodi.wiki/view/Caches_explained

The youtoube or Amazon Prime instant video Add-on used this cache. Also the mlb-hls Add-on.

Yesterday i watched the Raiders Game in Minnesota live. My Videosettings are with A/V sync, so that the video is smooth.

I get out 4 times.
Yes, but as far as I'm aware, this cache is managed by Kodi automatically. The links you provided show how the user can adjust those caches.

I took a glance through the MLB-HLS addon, and the only caching I see is related to caching game info, etc, and nothing with videos.

I'd /love/ to be wrong, so please, if you (or anything) are sure about this, set me straight.

---Alex
mlb-hls cache video.

I used the option file-in.file out with cache size "system default". If set the butteringsize to 20 an cache size to 128 MB. When i watched a live Game the cache is ca 30 MB. When i pushed stop the cache increased.
A relive Game, the cache fills up to 128 MB. checked with "ctrl + o" and in my dsl router.
The NFL Gamepass is everytime live streaming.

When i push stop in a condensed Game, i have no downloading in the time.
@WHamilton After some reading up, this seems to be entirely a Kodi/ffmpeg thing. MLB-HLS is likely using slightly different streams than Game Pass. ffmpeg has in the past (I don't know if it's in the present) had trouble with buffering HLS streams over UDP that are enumerated in m3u8 playlists.

I wish the addon had control over it, but we don't.

---Alex
An idea:

it's possible, that the addon wirte the stream in a directory, like tmp and read from it?

I've a ram disk in tmp directory.

With a delay at the beginning or push "pause" the cache would be filled.
@WHamilton possible, but not something I'll write. The better place would be to fix it in ffmpeg or kodi (wherever the core issue is).

---Alex
uses kodi the system ffmpeg or its own?
Kodi uses its own bundled version of ffmpeg
how big is the cache which ffmpeg is use for gamepass?
I have no idea. Kodi/ffmpeg handles all of that. The Game Pass addon has no control or knowledge about the caching.

---Alex
I have downloaded and installed the zip file, but it still says I need a subscriptionHuh Brand new m8s box that I had for a day, any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2015-09-01, 07:27)cottie Wrote: I have downloaded and installed the zip file, but it still says I need a subscription?

Yes. The addon allows you to use your NFL Game Pass subscription with Kodi.

So you need a subscription with the NFL to access their service...

---Alex
Is NFL Gamepass the same thing as The NFL Sunday Ticket? I noticed the prices are the same.
I'm not quite sure, but a quick google turned up this link:

http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/helpmso_en_US.jsp

---Alex
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making NFL Game Pass work?0