Video very blocky with XBMC, no blocks using a streamer
On my HD TV's I have either a Samsung HUB (built in streamer) or WD TV LIVE all pulling media from a NAS. The Samsung and WD products both work, but lack a nice and usable interface that XBMC has. So with a left over MAC Mini with windows installed I decided to give it a whirl with XBMC.

It hooked to the HD TV very easily and is set at 1080 resolution. The menus and interface look great. Here's the problem.

When streaming the video is very blocky. I do not get this when using the TV's streamer or the WD streamer (all using the same file as reference). I can't drop the picture quality just for fancy menu's and a "watched" flag.

Are there some specific settings (renderer?) for XBMC that might clear up my problem?

I'd really like to use XBMC but not at the cost of picture quality.

Roveer
xbmc.log ?
(2012-08-06, 18:09)roveer Wrote: So with a left over MAC Mini with windows installed I decided to give it a whirl with XBMC.

It hooked to the HD TV very easily and is set at 1080 resolution. The menus and interface look great. Here's the problem.

When streaming the video is very blocky.

Roveer
Since it is Intel, have you done these-

1. Install the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
3. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video very blocky with XBMC, no blocks using a streamer0