Win XBMC needs 5min to start with mysql database...
Hello,

today i installed mysql on my DNS-320 NAS and created the database like the tutorials show.
When i set the video and music database in the advancedsettings.xml to the NAS, XBMC needs up to 5min to start, and when i then choose "Movies" it totally freezes.

MYSQL is running, Port is set to 3306.

Don´t know where the problems is, any idea?
Turn on debugging and post a full log file. There are oh soo many things that could be causing errors.
So I found one problem, but have still one.

The problem i have solved was that the external mysql access was blocked, this is fixed now. I have a small test programm which connects without problems from the xbmc-client-pc to the mysql server.

XBMC takes up to 15mins to start now, and after that it creates 2 empty databases on my mysql server:

MyMusic18 and MyVideos60

The problem is, when i go to Videos or Music list in XBMC, it takes about 15mins again to load, and after that, not the empty mysql databases are loaded, but my old fully filled database..........how can that be?

Here is the log file from the last start:

http://pastebin.com/MJ5bRbft
It looks like something might be wrong on the MySQL server side of things. XBMC is trying to connect to the server and is unable to do so successfully. It eventually decides to fallback on the local SQL db, which is where your old library comes in.

So I would double check everything on the MySQL side. Make sure the XBMC user has access to create databases, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC needs 5min to start with mysql database...0