Scraper adding random tv shows to library
Question 
Hi there,

Not sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong area. I'm using an aTV 2, with iOS 5.1 and XBMC 11. Using the standard scraper for TV shows, it adds random extra seasons from other shows to my library. When a show only has a couple of seasons in it, it adds extra seasons from another show and fills those episodes amongst the others. For instance, 'New Girl' which has 1 season, is added into the first season of 'Shameless US' so that in Shameless season 1, you get the first episode of New Girl, then the first episode of Shameless, then it goes on through all episodes down the list. Then it has also added 7 seasons, but only the first 2 are filled.

This occurs in pretty much every TV show I have on there, unless there are like 10 seasons as in Mythbusters.

I have no idea why it's doing this, and has only done it since upgrading to iOS 5.1. At which point I exported my library into separate files, then imported back after the upgrade and re-instal of XBMC.

To try and fix this I have cleaned the library and then re-scanned. It worked, until I added something and did a re-scan, at which point it added extra episodes like described.

So if anyone knows what's going on here, I'd be very appreciative. Thank you.
debug log (wiki) needed when you do one of theses scans that adds a bad entry.
Okay forgive my noobishness on this matter. But is this what you need?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6317

I had a brief look through and didn't notice anything stand out. I may need to clear library and re-scan for it to do it again. Basically first time all is sweet however it doesn't scan any TV shows, as the content scraper is set to 'none' for some reason, after a scan it's fine. Then when you add anything and rescan for it, that's where the problems. I doubt that file will be of use, but like I said i'll try recreate the problem tomorrow.
Yeah, you'll probably have to do that so that we can see what file is triggering the bad match. You can also get that info on the bad entry by selecting it, bringing up the contextual menu (long menu press) and choose "get info". It should then have a file path with all the other info.
Will try recreate the circumstances later. I did as you asked just then though.

Example "Wonders of the Solar System", under info, shows as having 224 episodes... File path is correct, checked the NAS and it definitely only has that TV show in that folder. Also checked the content and it is set so that "Selected folder contains a single TV show".

I've got a feeling in my gut that it's going to have something to do with the exported library interfering somehow. Hope I don't need to manually delete every file on my NAS as that will take a lifetime!

Cheers for your help so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper adding random tv shows to library0