Music: Multiple artists fanart/clearlogo support
i was wondering if it's possible to add fanart and clearlogo display for multiple artists in the music library and OSD... currently it's possible by adding a line in advancedsettings to use separators in the artist tag so that you may scan multiple artists for each track to the library and it works great for sorting purposes, however fanart and clearlogo's won't show in this situation... e.g.

Dr Dre - Let Me Ride (feat Snoop Dogg) - dr dre clearlogo and fanart display
Dr Dre / Snoop Dogg - Let Me Ride - no clearlogo or fanart display, even though track Let Me Ride is now under both Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg artists in the library.
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
(2012-08-08, 21:59)gotoman00 Wrote: i was wondering if it's possible to add fanart and clearlogo display for multiple artists in the music library and OSD... currently it's possible by adding a line in advancedsettings to use separators in the artist tag so that you may scan multiple artists for each track to the library and it works great for sorting purposes, however fanart and clearlogo's won't show in this situation... e.g.

Dr Dre - Let Me Ride (feat Snoop Dogg) - dr dre clearlogo and fanart display
Dr Dre / Snoop Dogg - Let Me Ride - no clearlogo or fanart display, even though track Let Me Ride is now under both Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg artists in the library.

not possible.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
well that's disappointing, any reason why?
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
(2012-08-08, 22:05)gotoman00 Wrote: well that's disappointing, any reason why?

because we only implement them with a workaround. will change with xbmc frodo.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
is frodo going to implement separators as a standard? do you know if there will be a 'standard' separator or will it be modifiable? another words should i stop going through my library and adding my own separators as i have been?
(2012-08-08, 22:20)gotoman00 Wrote: is frodo going to implement separators as a standard? do you know if there will be a 'standard' separator or will it be modifiable? another words should i stop going through my library and adding my own separators as i have been?

no idea about the seperators, I don´t have any music which would need that.
thanks
Not the best example. Your file should be named 'Dr Dre - Let Me Ride (feat Snoop Dogg)' because I can't consider Dr. Dre / Snoop Dogg a duo / a group / a collaboration. Snoop is just a guest singer on a track, adn that's what "feat." is for.

I can think of few examples: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss; PJ Harvey and John Parish;
filename has nothing to do with it. ID3 tag needs to be correctly filled in.

Possible layout for frodo:

Artist: Dr Dre feat. Snoop Dogg
Title: Let me ride
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
xbmcwiki Wrote:<musiclibrary>
Options specific to the Music Library
<musiclibrary>
<itemseparator> / </itemseparator> <!-- separator used for multiple artists/genres in tags. Note, this is *space* *slash* *space* -->
</musiclibrary>

@Martijn
you could theoretically use 'feat. ' as a separator... are you saying that in frodo it will parse the id3 tags automatically and not need an entry in advancedsettings?

@sergiocos
it doesn't really matter you could include people for producing and remixing tracks as well, which is primarily what i want to use it for to keep track of who is collaborating on a lot of electronic tracks...

@phil65
you say the skin uses a workaround, and i know that as of right now no fanart/cleart is shown when browsing, however when in full screen and using the artist info/similar artist feature in the OSD Artist Slideshow seems to default to the first artist in the artist tag string, with DJ Cutman / Spamtron as the artist and Various Artists as the album artists it's showing the info for DJ Cutman in the OSD
(2012-08-13, 03:30)gotoman00 Wrote:
xbmcwiki Wrote:<musiclibrary>
Options specific to the Music Library
<musiclibrary>
<itemseparator> / </itemseparator> <!-- separator used for multiple artists/genres in tags. Note, this is *space* *slash* *space* -->
</musiclibrary>

@Martijn
you could theoretically use 'feat. ' as a separator... are you saying that in frodo it will parse the id3 tags automatically and not need an entry in advancedsettings?

@sergiocos
it doesn't really matter you could include people for producing and remixing tracks as well, which is primarily what i want to use it for to keep track of who is collaborating on a lot of electronic tracks...

@phil65
you say the skin uses a workaround, and i know that as of right now no fanart/cleart is shown when browsing, however when in full screen and using the artist info/similar artist feature in the OSD Artist Slideshow seems to default to the first artist in the artist tag string, with DJ Cutman / Spamtron as the artist and Various Artists as the album artists it's showing the info for DJ Cutman in the OSD

that´s artistslideshow plugin and only works for the artist actually played.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music: Multiple artists fanart/clearlogo support0