Shared Library - PC1 not recognizing changes made on PC2
I get my shared mysql library to work finally, both HTPC connect to the mysql database.

XBMC(EDEN) on PC1 is the main instance, where I have a big library which i exported and imported to the mysql db.
All entries can be found in the mysql lib.
PC2 have a new clean XBMC(EDEN) install with empty lib, i copied the same advancedsettings.xml as on PC1 and also PC2 connects just fine to the shared mysql db. The problem is, the lists on PC2 stay empty....

When i add a video file on PC2 it is written in the mysql db, but when I start XBMC on PC1 it is not showing the video file added on PC2......

Short:
Add video file on PC1 -> not showing on PC2 but written in the MyVideos60 lib
Add video file on PC2 -> not showing on PC1 but written in the MyVideos60 lib

How can that be?
Here is the log file:

http://pastebin.com/L8vwgpE4

IS there an option like "load files from db" which has to be run on startup? I tried "Update DB on startup" with no success.......

according to the logfiles, you have told xbmc to look for the sql data on ip address 192.168.178.4, i think this would only work if you have a 3rd pc with that ip address as your mysql host.

if you have one of those 2 x xbmc computers as being the mysql-host, then i think you should alter the advancedsettings.xml to reflect 127.0.0.1

hope this helps,
Dam0
There's no options to set. XBMC treats the MySQL DB as if it were a local DB when the advancedsetting file is in place. Are you just accessing things from file view (Videos -> File) or are they actually in the library? Also, need debugging turned on in your debug log (see debug log (wiki) for details) and a new log made.
(2012-08-09, 13:14)Dam0 Wrote: according to the logfiles, you have told xbmc to look for the sql data on ip address 192.168.178.4, i think this would only work if you have a 3rd pc with that ip address as your mysql host.

if you have one of those 2 x xbmc computers as being the mysql-host, then i think you should alter the advancedsettings.xml to reflect 127.0.0.1

hope this helps,
Dam0

No, XBMC can access the MySQL server on the same computer by using the local IP. His advancedsettings.xml file looks to be set up correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared Library - PC1 not recognizing changes made on PC20