Zotac zbox ID84
In Norway we have extra letters in our alphabet and extra hours in the day Tongue

(2013-02-13, 16:48)moonwhaler Wrote: Thanks for the reply! AeonNOX is known for a feature rich, yet very demanding UI. That's why I thought about switching over to a more powerful processor as I think that the graphics card included in the ID84 should not be the problem (being a GeForce and all). I tested Frodo & Xperience1080 on my Core i7 and got a VERY smooth UI feedback. Although I admit the HW is not really comparable.

I think maybe the UI is rendered using the CPU, which is just the Atom, so could explain why that is slower. The video output is accelerated using the Geforce, so it runs 1080p no problem
I thought that parts of the UI are accelerated using the GPU, too. When looking to Aero (Windows) or Compiz (Linux) I know it does. But I'm may be wrong on that one (XBMC UI)...

Remote control: I created a little workaround here: after booting up, I suspend the system shortly afterwards (using autostart.sh / Openelec). Now I'm able to wake up the system again by triggering the "ON" button on the remote. Plus I changed the setting in XBMC to SUSEPND not SHUTDOWN when "switching off".

Code:
if ${SUSPEND_AFTER_BOOT}; then
    (
        # If started via POWER ON, which should be the case if "autostart.sh"
        # is being executed, this is workaround will help to switch the  
        # box ON/OFF via IR remote        
        if ${SUSPEND_ALT_MODE}; then
            echo 'pm-suspend' | at now + ${SUSPEND_ALT_MODE_DELAY}
        else
            sleep ${SUSPEND_DELAY}
            pm-suspend
        fi        
    ) &
fi

Not very clean, but it works.
Using: Zotac ZBOX ID84, Dual Core ATOM D2550, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD
Base system: OpenELEC 4.2 (XBMC 13.2 Gotham)
You seem to have found a solution to the standby problem. Could you explain your script and how it works? I also changed the options to SUSPEND but my system doesn't wake when hitting the remote control (USB keyboard is able to wake the system).
Still no luck with resuming from suspend with remote, with the USB keyboard this works fine. I have followed:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ena...-On-Device
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._in_Ubuntu
http://www.loggn.de/linux-xbmc-aus-berei...aufwecken/

and enabled all possible wake-ups on USB etc but still no change. Anybody an idea?
Still interested in this topic. Maybe first confirm that request is possible and not a general problem.

Is there anybody that succeeded to resume the Zotac Zbox ID84 from Suspend with the provided standard remote and the external USB receiver?
Sorry for not getting back to this thread. I'm currently using the autostart script for OpenELEC 3.0.3, so do not be fooled if there's still an older version (2.99) annotation inside...
You're free to get it in all of its glory, here: http://storage.nordinary.com/2013-06-04_...ostart.zip

I'm not responsible for any damages on your side, if something goes terribly wrong, but reading through the files should get you somewhere. I suppose you should stick to the ".ini" file (all settings for the ".sh" are stored there. I tried to be as clear as I could, in hopes anybody will understand what it does.

Anyhow: place the files in your "/storage/.config" directory and make BOTH (!) files executable "chmod +x autostart.sh autostart.ini"!

I included support for mounts outside XBMC as well as Logitech Mediaserver support in it, too. A lot of other stuff which may be useful is also included... If not, try using the file as a (maybe) good example on how to script under linux (bash). :-)

So feel free to enable or disable settings to your liking. If anything is unclear, just ask here! Blush
Using: Zotac ZBOX ID84, Dual Core ATOM D2550, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD
Base system: OpenELEC 4.2 (XBMC 13.2 Gotham)
It took some time to respond but the script created by moonwhaler works perfectly. Shutdown function modified to suspend and now Zotac ID84 is resuming with the remote

Many thanks to moonwhaler!
(2013-03-04, 16:40)moonwhaler Wrote: I thought that parts of the UI are accelerated using the GPU, too. When looking to Aero (Windows) or Compiz (Linux) I know it does. But I'm may be wrong on that one (XBMC UI)...

Remote control: I created a little workaround here: after booting up, I suspend the system shortly afterwards (using autostart.sh / Openelec). Now I'm able to wake up the system again by triggering the "ON" button on the remote. Plus I changed the setting in XBMC to SUSEPND not SHUTDOWN when "switching off".

Code:
if ${SUSPEND_AFTER_BOOT}; then
    (
        # If started via POWER ON, which should be the case if "autostart.sh"
        # is being executed, this is workaround will help to switch the  
        # box ON/OFF via IR remote        
        if ${SUSPEND_ALT_MODE}; then
            echo 'pm-suspend' | at now + ${SUSPEND_ALT_MODE_DELAY}
        else
            sleep ${SUSPEND_DELAY}
            pm-suspend
        fi        
    ) &
fi

Not very clean, but it works.
I am having the same problem on my zotac. How do I use this script?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac zbox ID840