Linux No audio on every other song
Hi. I have a strange problem.
I have an small Asrock HTPC with you XBMCbuntu installed on it.
Audio works fine on movies and series, both mkv's and Xvid's.

I am also able to play music, but only every other song. If I for example start an album the first song will play. The second song starts cuz you can see the timing running.
Just now I tryed to play Scorpions - still loving you, wich is the second song in an album I have with them.

The first song in the album played fine, but "Still loving you", wich was the second song in the album there were no audio on. I could see the timing running up to 1 minute 31 second in the song but nothing in the speakers. When I marked the exact same osng again and clicked OK to play it, I got msic in my speakers!

Does anyone know why this is happening?
Huh
(2012-08-09, 13:35)optiix Wrote: Hi. I have a strange problem.
I have an small Asrock HTPC with you XBMCbuntu installed on it.
Audio works fine on movies and series, both mkv's and Xvid's.

I am also able to play music, but only every other song. If I for example start an album the first song will play. The second song starts cuz you can see the timing running.
Just now I tryed to play Scorpions - still loving you, wich is the second song in an album I have with them.

The first song in the album played fine, but "Still loving you", wich was the second song in the album there were no audio on. I could see the timing running up to 1 minute 31 second in the song but nothing in the speakers. When I marked the exact same osng again and clicked OK to play it, I got msic in my speakers!

Does anyone know why this is happening?
Huh

do you get the message 'failed to initialize audio device' when 2nd song plays?
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
leepenny, thanks for your reply.
Not everytime what I have seen. wich is also strange becuase if it's that It should be every time, right?
I have tryed to change settings but with no success.

Any idies?

The HTPC is a ION 3D Series to be more specific.

(2012-08-09, 14:10)optiix Wrote: leepenny, thanks for your reply.
Not everytime what I have seen. wich is also strange becuase if it's that It should be every time, right?

Any idies?

If you have audio the only thing I would check is turn off the fade in/out option in music settings this can affect playback

Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Thanks, I will try that right away! Smile

Thumbs Up 
(2012-08-09, 14:14)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 14:10)optiix Wrote: leepenny, thanks for your reply.

Any idies?

If you have audio the only thing I would check is turn off the fade in/out option in music settings this can affect playback

It worked to remove the 3 secs overlay. Thanks! Smile Rofl

just wanted to say thanks... this worked for me too... i think it has something to do with the 'exclusive' use restriction with the alsa driver for linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio on every other song 0