Who has the lowest wattage and what are you running?
I am using Zotac zbox ID36 3D, its all built set up. comsumes about 28w. (I posted this in another thread but people are not believing me)

Processor: Atom D525
DDR2 2gb
HDD 250gb
Bluray 3D

comes without OS, I installed windows 7 ultimate. XBMC frodo, winginx. working great. its 24/7. I never turn the system off.
Only cons is processor Fan is little noisy when you dont watch any movies.

http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-id36-blu-ray-3d-plus.html
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

My all around computer (Gaming + HTCP + Torrent Box) is open 24/7 and pull 325w, that's alot ?
Hell yes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-25, 22:23)fireeater Wrote: I am using Zotac zbox ID36 3D, its all built set up. comsumes about 28w. (I posted this in another thread but people are not believing me)

DDR2 2gb
HDD 250gb
Bluray 3D

You might have me down for one of those people that didn't believe you, but as I said in that thread, I actually did. However, your system spec is getting on for 3 years old or so and things have progressed significantly, as I've found out recently myself.

The Haswell i3, I would argue, is a more efficient chip than the D525. It consumes less power at idle and less power while playing HD video. Peak power consumption is higher with the i3 due to its higher clockspeed and outright power (in comparison), but this is only apparent with synthetic benchmark tests. For reference, my i3 4330 gives me the following:

Idle, sitting in desktop it’s hovering in the low 21w area.

1080p Bluray rip playback is ~ 23w

Standby is 3.1w

Ide temp is around 32˚C

cheers

D.

(2013-10-25, 23:48)Netix Wrote: My all around computer (Gaming + HTCP + Torrent Box) is open 24/7 and pull 325w, that's alot ?

I hope electricity is cheap (really cheap) in Canada!! Tongue

D.
(2013-10-26, 01:33)deksawyer Wrote:
(2013-10-25, 22:23)fireeater Wrote: I am using Zotac zbox ID36 3D, its all built set up. comsumes about 28w. (I posted this in another thread but people are not believing me)

DDR2 2gb
HDD 250gb
Bluray 3D

You might have me down for one of those people that didn't believe you, but as I said in that thread, I actually did. However, your system spec is getting on for 3 years old or so and things have progressed significantly, as I've found out recently myself.

The Haswell i3, I would argue, is a more efficient chip than the D525. It consumes less power at idle and less power while playing HD video. Peak power consumption is higher with the i3 due to its higher clockspeed and outright power (in comparison), but this is only apparent with synthetic benchmark tests. For reference, my i3 4330 gives me the following:

Idle, sitting in desktop it’s hovering in the low 21w area.

1080p Bluray rip playback is ~ 23w

Standby is 3.1w

Ide temp is around 32˚C

cheers

D.

(2013-10-25, 23:48)Netix Wrote: My all around computer (Gaming + HTCP + Torrent Box) is open 24/7 and pull 325w, that's alot ?

I hope electricity is cheap (really cheap) in Canada!! Tongue

D.
your system is quite efficient. what is the brand of your system. or you assembled it manually?

here in USA,we pay our monthly electricity about $120/month.
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

Oh, I like a challenge Smile

Kill-a-Watt pictures or it didn't happen Smile
I am satisfied with my system.

I built this recently. 10.6W on the desktop with display on and WiFi connected, display off drops 1 watt. 15.5W when playing Bluray rip. It's running Ubuntu 13.10, I think Windows is still better for power management so it could be a bit lower.

Hi-fi 2000 ITX 288 Case
Intel i3-4330 CPU
Intel 7260 AC WiFi/Bluetooth card
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD
ASRock H81M-ITX Motherboard
G.SKILL 2x2GB 1.35V DDR3-1333 DRAM
Pico-Box Z2-ATX-200 Power supply
Sparkle 12V 60W Power brick

I've undervolted the CPU a bit and overclocked both the GPU and DRAM to 1600 MHz; everything is stable. The ASRock board has a lot of tweaking ability.
(2013-10-26, 18:10)presslab Wrote: I built this recently. 10.6W on the desktop with display on and WiFi connected, display off drops 1 watt. 15.5W when playing Bluray rip. It's running Ubuntu 13.10, I think Windows is still better for power management so it could be a bit lower.

Hi-fi 2000 ITX 288 Case
Intel i3-4330 CPU
Intel 7260 AC WiFi/Bluetooth card
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD
ASRock H81M-ITX Motherboard
G.SKILL 2x2GB 1.35V DDR3-1333 DRAM
Pico-Box Z2-ATX-200 Power supply
Sparkle 12V 60W Power brick

I've undervolted the CPU a bit and overclocked both the GPU and DRAM to 1600 MHz; everything is stable. The ASRock board has a lot of tweaking ability.

wow, least power htpc I suppose.

let me buy one kill-a-watt and post the result here.

How much a normal server should pull in Watt ? A server running like 4 to 6 WD Green HD
What is a normal Server in your opinion?
For a true server it depends if you take into account the air conditioning to keep the datacentre cool.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-27, 06:32)Netix Wrote: How much a normal server should pull in Watt ? A server running like 4 to 6 WD Green HD

About 50W idle. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Depends on what you've got in it CPU-wise and GPU-wise.
(2013-10-26, 02:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Oh, I like a challenge Smile

Kill-a-Watt pictures or it didn't happen Smile

I bought a kill-a-watt unit and tested the power consumption of my Zotac zbox ID 36. the results are as follow.

ZBOX power off--> 0.5w
stand by--> 1.5w
with xbmc 720p Movie--> 33w
DVD rip--> 35w

BTW,
reciever and amplifier--> 66w
my laptop --> 25w
my Desktop Tower with xbmc 720p movie--> 110w
Desktop Display Monitor 22"-->-30w

It was surprising, my 55" plasma TV 210w

(2013-10-29, 01:29)fireeater Wrote: It was surprising, my 55" plasma TV 210w
Yeah and I bet the kids never turn it off etither.

Mind you they go to school and leave every light in the house on too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who has the lowest wattage and what are you running?0