[RELEASE] HowStuffWorks.com
Hi,
this addon is for watching videos from HowStuffWorks.com.
You can install it from the xbmc.org eden repo...
works great - apart from the 'play button' part
great addon thank you
Update v1.0.1:
- Added autoplay mode (workaround for buffering issue)
They completly changed their site, so i had to rewrite the addon.
There are a lot of nice new shows available on HowStuffWorks!

Update is available via the repo...
This stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago. Is it broken? I run raspbmc.
The plugin can be fixed with a minor correction to the regular expression in the playVideo function

diff --git a/default.py b/default.py
index 0c1cccf..9712eda 100644
--- a/default.py
+++ b/default.py
@@ -167,7 +167,7 @@ def listSearch(url):

def playVideo(url):
content = getUrl(url)
- match = re.compile("m3u8 : '(.*?)'", re.DOTALL).findall(content)
+ match = re.compile("m3u8[^:]*: '([^']*)'").findall(content)
finalUrl = match[0]
if finalUrl:
listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem(path=finalUrl)

At least this works for 14, not sure about Gotham, I wll have to try my other machine.

I saved the commit to my github for safe keeping. I need to figure out how to get it to the author

https://github.com/pellcorp/xbmc-plugins...7038929759
@JasonPell
Thanks, that worked.
v2.0.4:
- Fixed video playback
A while back videos stopped showing up in any category. Does anyone else have this issue? Is this addon still supported?
(2016-02-01, 08:36)Skurvy_Pirate Wrote: A while back videos stopped showing up in any category. Does anyone else have this issue? Is this addon still supported?

I haven't seen a post from AddonScriptorDE in almost a year. I think it's safe to say this add-on is no longer supported.

I've created a new add-on for the How Stuff Works website. Download from the link below.

EDIT: Please see post #14 below for the latest version.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
@MetalChris : Thanks for uploading but the add on doesn't work. If I try and install from zip then the installation fails
(2016-04-28, 18:57)Chrisi123 Wrote: @MetalChris : Thanks for uploading but the add on doesn't work. If I try and install from zip then the installation fails

Error message? What OS are you using? Which version of Kodi? Could you please post a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
I was not able to reproduce anything resembling the error reported by @Chrisi123, but their post did prompt to look over the add-on, and I did find a bug that caused some issues on my tablet running Isengard on Android Lollipop. So, a new version is now available. Please download from the link below:

How Stuff Works - v 3.0.5

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Hi MetalChris,

I am new to the world of Kodi and will try to log the error when I get the chance. I am running Kodi Jarvis on Android 4.4 KitKat

Would really like to get this add-on working

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HowStuffWorks.com1