opening skin selection dialog disabled due to entry in advancedsettings
Exclamation 
Here are the contents of my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<lookandfeel>
<skin>skin.custom</skin>
</lookandfeel>
</advancedsettings>

This removed the skin selection option from my appearancesettings window and my custom skin is selected by default.

Now, if I want to open the skin selection dialog on click event of a button during development, what to write on the <onclick> event of that button?
(2012-08-10, 12:35)slinuxgeek Wrote: Here are the contents of my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<lookandfeel>
<skin>skin.custom</skin>
</lookandfeel>
</advancedsettings>

This removed the skin selection option from my appearancesettings window and my custom skin is selected by default.

Now, if I want to open the skin selection dialog on click event of a button during development, what to write on the <onclick> event of that button?

not possible with built-in commands. (don´t know if it can be done with a script)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I also wanted some functionality like this. Does anyone know a way to access the settings disabled due to entries in advancedsettings.xml, through python script?
I found a built-in function in xbmc 11.0 Eden named Addon.Default.Set. It has not been documented on wiki yet. I found it in xbmc-11.0/xbmc/interfaces/builtins.cpp file.

It was not fully functional. Little change in the source code was needed to make it work. And it's working really well. Smile
patch welcome if there is a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opening skin selection dialog disabled due to entry in advancedsettings0