Scraper issue in frodo nightlies
I found a problem with movie scrapers. If the username contains accented characters, the movie scrapers not working. I tryed it on windows 7 and windows 8.
With user name "Zoltan" works fine, but i get "Unable to connect to server" error with user name "Zoltán". Same issue with ThemovieDB, imdb and port.hu scrapers.
Series scrapers are not affected with this issue. It worked on version 11.

DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Pszichoszingli' using IMDb scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Zoltán\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.imdb.com', content: 'movies', version: '2.5.3')
WARNING: failed to load scraper XML

here is the full debug log: http://pastebin.com/ftT84x3D
Are the other scrapers that work (thetvdb for example) also in that same folder? Or are they reading from the XBMC system folder?

If they're in the same folder, then the folder itself isn't the problem - the problem is likely to be that one of the included scraper libraries is screwing up.

If they're in a different folder, then the folder itself may be the problem. I don't see why from the code, however - everything should be going through our normal file classes which use the unicode file handlers.

If you can build yourself, throw a breakpoint in CScraper::Load (around line 353 in xbmc/addons/Scraper.cpp) and follow the code through to see where the failure is.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi. I tryed this with clean install of xbmc, no database. I added one movie only, and the scraping is throw an "unable to connect to remote server" error with default TMDB scraper. With "Zoltan" user it's working fine.
TVDB scraper works because it's in the program files folder. The issue is certainly related to the user name "Zoltan" or "Zoltán"
I noticed that is not related to scrapers only. The trailers addon have issues too, it throws an addon.py error. It looks like there is file handling issue.

ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
ERROR: Error Contents: [Error 5] A hozz�f�r�s megtagadva: 'C:\\Users\\Zolt\xc3\xa1n'

full debug log: http://pastebin.com/XUQjSy50

I tried to move the scrapers from user folder to program files and works fine this way but not in my user folder.
So you've verified the folder is the problem.

Next step is to find out exactly where it's failing by building yourself and debugging as specified above.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I tried to debug, but i cannot find where it's failing the path exactly (it is above my knowledge) Big Grin
But i find out that something happen on 06. May.

git 01cc2a7 <- it is the last commit on 05.may, working fine.
git 59ce994 <- it is the last commit on 06.may, not working
Fix for scraper: http://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1301
Working fine with this patch, thx.
how can I install that patch ?
A more correct fix is now in master, so the next nightly will do the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper issue in frodo nightlies0