Case: techsolo 2200

PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power L7 300W:

Mobo with 7.1 audio: The asrock A75M

CPU: AMD A6 3670 black edition:

CPU Cooler: A low profile Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev B:

Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x2gb ddr3 1600 mhz:

Drive: The Samsung SH-118AB :

HDD for OS, Te Crucial M4 64gb

OS will be windows 7 64 bit edition with xbmc eden and aeon skin 4 (as soon as released)
Bios and windows will be adjusted so i get a completely home theater environment
Controlled with a harmony one remote...

Other setup:
Media is stored on an unraid machine (since dec 2010), some old pictures

Parts together:

The coolermaster 590 case

Mobo:

Containing wd20ears:

Close-up

Running: Unraid Pro Home Mediaserver 5.0beta 14 + simple features + airvideo + slimserver + dropbox + sabnzbd

Other hardware:

TV: LG 50pk950
Speakers: Triangle Galaxy 2
Subwoofer: bk xxls 400FF
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-919 AH-K
STB: Telenet HD Digicorder
Game Console: WII Black
Harmony one
JBL Lightmanager
Marmitek control 8
ipad 3 wifi 32gb + ipad dock

And All this together is placed here (dont mind the old subwoofer):

Pics of building the xbmc machine will come up later, once i received the package Smile

Plans for the future: A dedicated HT room with a projector, say 5 years from now..
Nice lounge/media room.
Very sweet!
I like how you labeled the drives in the unRaid box.
(2012-08-13, 13:02)AaronG85 Wrote: Nice lounge/media room.

Thx! Its the living room... indeed
(2012-08-13, 14:01)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Very sweet!
I like how you labeled the drives in the unRaid box.

Thx Smile
My unraid machine contains 4 disks so far Wink
Planning for a fifth 3tb disc soon
Love the interior design of the living room. Looks really sexy! Just wondering how much potential storage space you lose by only opening the lower part of the wall under the tv ;-)

Please continue posting about your build process. I ordered exactly the same case but didn't start building yet because CPU and MB are not ordered yet (still deciding what to get). Apart from that we have a very similar build it seems (same case, same cooler, ssd for win7).
(2012-08-13, 18:59)jaochoo Wrote: Love the interior design of the living room. Looks really sexy! Just wondering how much potential storage space you lose by only opening the lower part of the wall under the tv ;-)

Please continue posting about your build process. I ordered exactly the same case but didn't start building yet because CPU and MB are not ordered yet (still deciding what to get). Apart from that we have a very similar build it seems (same case, same cooler, ssd for win7).

The space under the tv contains an RGB led strip which i can active/chose colors with my harmony.. I'm also able to open up the black mdf "wall" in that space too... there's where all my cables are...

About the case...
Are you planning to get a different PSU as well?
I found it hard to decide if i'd keep the PSU or change it with a more silent one...
Reviews tell the stock PSU is loud...
MB wasnt hard to chose... CPU i was doubting between the a6-3500 and the a6-3870.
I chose last one cause when looking into 3dguru reviews, there wasnt that much difference in power usage running idle...

+ its quadcore and has a better GPU Smile
(2012-08-13, 19:05)Skank Wrote: The space under the tv contains an RGB led strip which i can active/chose colors with my harmony.. I'm also able to open up the black mdf "wall" in that space too... there's where all my cables are...
Sweet! :-) Did you built it yourself? Definitely jealous. Unfortunately, I'm still living out of a suitcase...

(2012-08-13, 19:05)Skank Wrote: About the case...
Are you planning to get a different PSU as well?
I found it hard to decide if i'd keep the PSU or change it with a more silent one...
Reviews tell the stock PSU is loud...
This decision was quite easy to make, because, as you mention, various sources say the stock PSU extremely sucks. I decided to go for a PicoPSU.

Do you mind taking pictures of and describing how to connect the PSU with the integrated IR and the power button while you build everything? The manual that comes with the case is pretty much useless as it literally doesn't contain anything, so I hope I can learn from your build process...

(2012-08-13, 19:05)Skank Wrote: CPU i was doubting between the a6-3500 and the a6-3870.
I chose last one cause when looking into 3dguru reviews, there wasnt that much difference in power usage running idle...
Yeh, I read your whole thread. I am still not sure what CPU to go for. This machine probably will also serve as a desktop machine. So I lean towards an IVB i3 which means I have to wait a couple of more weeks. Undecided

I didnt take a picoPSU so i wont be able to help you with that...
The rest, i'll post pictures of..
As for the fireplacewall... i didnt make it myself, cause we wanted it to be perfect since its our livingroom...
Parts have arrived Big Grin

Now off to eat, then kine... and tonight going out with wife , now that the kids are away for 3 days Smile
Ok i never modded but there it comes
My first problem

Stock case PSU is much smaller than the be quiet one

In the picture below, you see that the screwholes dont fit, so how do i make this PSU at his place... how do i attach it?
You even see that it just fits, the case comes right on top of it
NO airspace between the psu fan and the case, will this be a problemHuh

How do i solve it?
Can i solve it? or should i return the psu
If it were me,...and I decided to leave it,..it would be bugging me every day, wondering if the PSU is okay?
It stinks,..but I'd recommend returning it.

Try one of these smaller PSU:
FSP 80 Plus Bronze Certification Micro ATX 400 Power Supply FSP400-60GHS(85)-R

or

FSP 80 PLUS Certified 300-Watt Micro ATX/SFX Power Supply FSP300-60GHS-R

These come with a bracket to adapt them to the ATX mounting points as long as you buy the retail (ends in -R) not OEM version.
When the FSP GHS power supplies is under light load they turn off their internal fan. That is fantastic for HTPC. FSP is a very good name in PSUs.
this one is good too i think
http://azerty.nl/8-3478-239789/be-quiet-...ding-.html

crap have to return it, but will have to pay shipping cost Sad
Yes, SFX is the correct size PSU.
Why hasnt anyone warned me about it then Sad

My setup was posted on this forum too...
crap! Sad
No Techsolo in the US -- I'd never looked at the specs until you posted your issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My setup0