My setup
It is clearly not an xbmc issue as many people use AMD apu's without issue so it has to be either a setup or hardware issue.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
(2012-09-02, 16:46)DavidT99 Wrote: It is clearly not an xbmc issue as many people use AMD apu's without issue so it has to be either a setup or hardware issue.

David

Well i did a change in startup and now amd ccc is loaded, i wonder if it fixes my probelm
I hope so, will keep you informed after ive seen couple of movies...
Then the only problem would be th subtitles with bdmv...
(2012-09-02, 14:03)Skank Wrote: Alternative is using an external player but this is giving headaches too...
Tmt 5 doesnt work well, it stutters.. Again cause of ati...
Damn i really advise intel instead of ati with integrated gpu
Sorry to read all the troubles with your new HTPC....with proper drivers and configurations, you should be able to have the same quality playback as your Dune....try these....

1. Update AMD latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. You can start off by disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below
3. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
4. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-02, 17:43)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 14:03)Skank Wrote: Alternative is using an external player but this is giving headaches too...
Tmt 5 doesnt work well, it stutters.. Again cause of ati...
Damn i really advise intel instead of ati with integrated gpu
Sorry to read all the troubles with your new HTPC....with proper drivers and configurations, you should be able to have the same quality playback as your Dune....try these....

1. Update AMD latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. You can start off by disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below
3. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
4. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output

1. i have latest drivers installed
2. every is disabled like you advised
3. dxva2 is enabled, rest disabled
4. tried enabling -> still problems, disabled there are few problems

So everyting set as advised, i still have problems
1 with xbmc not showing subtitles correctly (but good playback no stutter), theres already a ticket about it here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11729
but no fix yet (since version 9 of xbmc) , i cant post to that ticket either, are they working on it?
2. with tmt5 i get stuttering cause of ati/amd drivers (theres a fix for it in latest tmt version, but i cant get that one)
3. with powerdvd, some movies play well, some stutter

so im kinda stuck
i hope the flickering is gone now, now that im sure that ccc runs (during xbmc)
keep you informed
but the problems in 1&2&3 remain

@Skank-
I'm wondering if you are having issue with Aero. You can try to force to enable it with this instruction- Most Helpful Reply. You can check in Windows 7 control panel Device Manager/Display Adapters to make sure that there is no other device that might be conflicting with AMD/ATI. If there is another device other than AMD/ATI, you can un-install it.....
(2012-09-02, 18:37)bluray Wrote: @Skank-
I'm wondering if you are having issue with Aero. You can try to force to enable it with this instruction- Most Helpful Reply. You can check in Windows 7 control panel Device Manager/Display Adapters to make sure that there is no other device that might be conflicting with AMD/ATI. If there is another device other than AMD/ATI, you can un-install it.....

Aero is not the problem..

Display adaptord, theres only my ati radeon device, so also no problem
(2012-09-02, 19:52)Skank Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 18:37)bluray Wrote: @Skank-

Aero is not the problem..

Display adaptord, theres only my ati radeon device, so also no problem
I'm not sure why you have all these problems, but I and others have no problem with it. When I can think of something else, I'll let you know...I just watched Chimpanzee BD using XBMC 11.0, TMT 5.0.1.114 and AMD 12.8, and it playback as smooth as when I watched it on my PS3......

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally found it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more flashing screens !!! no auto adjusting contrast anymore !!

The problem was this: (maybe other users will benefit from it)
I've set everything to video/playback options in amd CCC
But as soon as i loaded xbmc (using xbmc launcher)
CCC was not loaded...
So my options didnt work

I updated xbmc launcher with the autoload amd CCC (thx to bayjiu... sorry cant spell your name correct)
And now i dont have anymore flashing screens !!!!
Playback is as smooth as hell Smile

Damn amd with this CCC and their drivers...

The only problem that remains are the subtitles with bdmv and m2ts now..
Using external player is a workaround (but still TMT5 stutter with my amd drivers, but thats again thx to amd and TMT5... , and powerdvd is hit or miss)

But at least i can watch movies now without flashing parts, cause that was really annoying!
Congrats, glad to hear you got it up and running! Enjoy!

Any progress at the IR end?
(2012-09-03, 09:17)jaochoo Wrote: Congrats, glad to hear you got it up and running! Enjoy!

Any progress at the IR end?

Well im using the remote that comes with the case
That works now..
I just need to make my harmony learn the ir codes now..
but i have to get some time to do this
last thing there is that the case doesnt work with my marmitek control 8..
Next up: subtitle problem with bdmv, iso and m2ts..
Posted a separate topic about it, definately a xbmc bug...
External players have no problem with it
Just FYI:

I finally built my box using the same case (actually the MS-Tech MC1200-AN but seems to be same case in different color) and the IR solution is working like a charm. Both the case remote as well as the Harmony. Used the MC1200 profile for the Harmony and can control and power on/off the machine using the remote.

Did you manage to change the configuration of the case buttons? By default they all open WMC. I want them to open/close XBMC and other applications.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My setup0