Streaming DVD's from Windows to XBMC
Hi guys, I followed a number of guides to share my DVD drive on the laptop with XBMC. I can access the DVD drive on xbmc and only chooses to play one or two of the vob files. All I seem to get is audio with no picture. I have searched the forum and the internet to find a solution to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bod
I'm a little confused here. Is XBMC and the DVD drive on the same machine?
(2012-08-15, 12:12)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm a little confused here. Is XBMC and the DVD drive on the same machine?

Sorry I just realised I didn't explain properly. I am running raspbmc (xbmc) on a raspberry pi. The DVD drive is on a laptop wireless connected to the pi.
(2012-08-15, 12:16)rsvbod Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 12:12)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm a little confused here. Is XBMC and the DVD drive on the same machine?

Sorry I just realised I didn't explain properly. I am running raspbmc (xbmc) on a raspberry pi. The DVD drive is on a laptop wireless connected to the pi.

MakeMKV can live-stream DVD's and BluRays using UPNP.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
I guess this would be similar to having a file sharing source that had ripped DVD folders. In that situation I know you can select the folder itself and bring up the contextual menu ("C" on a keyboard) and select play, but I'm not sure if it would work in this situation. XBMC might be getting confused and might not see it as a DVD folder? I'm not really sure.
Thanks guys. I will try the above and get back to you.

Many thanks
I had trouble sharing to my ATV2 and found it could not read the protected dvds. DVDfab passkey fixed that for me. It removes the protection when the disc is inserted and its free so it's worth a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming DVD's from Windows to XBMC0