HD Audio Flags
Hi,

Could someone explain what I need to do to get the HD audio flags to display (TrueHD and DTS MA)? I thought that it should be automatic like the dts and dolby digital ones are.

I'm running XBMC Eden (I've tried frodo with the same results).

I've also checked the streamdetails table in the database and XBMC seems to be picking the stream up because the strAudioCodec field is set to dtsma for some of the files.

Thanks
Richard
we probably do not have the images included. (i don´t have any trueHD stuff)
if someone posts some fitting flags here I´d gladly include them.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-08-15, 19:13)phil65 Wrote: we probably do not have the images included. (i don´t have any trueHD stuff)

From what I can see, all of the hd audio flags are present in Nox.
All that I know of are included. If there are missing ones, please post the stream code (ie dtsma) for the audio track that doesnt show the flag.
(2012-08-15, 19:27)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 19:13)phil65 Wrote: we probably do not have the images included. (i don´t have any trueHD stuff)

From what I can see, all of the hd audio flags are present in Nox.

Maybe the naming is a bit off so it doesn't find an exact match
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK I've looking into this a bit more. To start off I should say all the testing I've done has been with latest Frodo alpha and the movies have been with ripped with MakeMKV.

In the database the strAudioCodec on the streamdetails table field for all my DTS MA files is 'dtsma' and for my TrueHD ones its 'a_truehd'.

After messing about with the data in the table I've managed to get the flags working.

It seems that for the DTS MA flag to show up the strAudioCodec field needs to be 'dtsma' but the iAudioChannels field also needs to be 8 (all except for 1 of my files are 6 channel). I can't seen any reason for this criteria - wouldn't just checking the codec be enough?

Also I can get the TrueHD flag to show if the strAudioCodec field is set to 'truehd' instead of 'a_truehd'. Strangely it doesn't seem to matter if the channels are set to 6 or 8 for this one.

Hopefully that helps Big_Noid? If you want me to do anymore testing for you just let me know.

I also noticed that the strAudioCodec field is set to 'dca' for some of my files even though MediaInfo is showing that they are DTS MA. I think that might be a XBMC problem rather than the skin though.
I've figured it out. I didn't think about it at the time but I scraped the movies with ember media manager before putting them on xbmc. Turns out that ember had incorrectly put the stream details in the nfo file, which xbmc then used.

Sorry I didn't think about that earlier. Thanks for everyone's help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio Flags0