How do you get xbmc to play in the order of id3 track number?
I don't know if this is important, but I haven't set up my music library to scrape at all. I use it strictly in file view mode. When I navigate to an album folder containing tracks and press the play button, it plays the tracks in the order of file name rather than the track number in id3 tags. But in the now playing screen it labels songs using the data in the id3 tags.

For example, I might have a folder with these tracks:

Alex Clair - Hands Are Clever
Alex Clair - Humming Bird
Alex Clair - I Love You
Alex Clair - I Won't Let You Down

When I press play on the album folder this is how the now playing list would look:

07. Alex Clair - Hands Are Clever
06. Alex Clair - Humming Bird
10. Alex Clair - I Love You
12. Alex Clair - I Won't Let You Down

Is there a way to get xbmc to play in the order of the id3 track numbers instead of alphabetically by file name?
sort by track. lhs menu.
I tried pressing the left arrow at the album folder but the only sort options are file, name, size, bitrate, listeners, and date. In any case, the sort order there doesn't seem to affect the order the tracks are played when I press play on the album folder. It always plays according to alphabetical file name.

I tried changing it to library mode and then it properly used the id3 tags for play order when I pressed play on the album name.

I guess this means I'm going to have to either fix all the id3 tags or all the file names in my entire collection... fuck.
yes you have to.. i'd recommend http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard/ (or anything with mbrainz)for lazy neatness.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you get xbmc to play in the order of id3 track number?0