vu+ and Marusys prism
Sadly (or happily? Big Grin ) I am no coder - I do all the other things in the hobby... Wink
im sure in due time clever devs either associated with xbmc or with the enigma2 community will get into the nuts and bolts of whats usable or not with the new code provided.

in the meantime, i did see posts stating that there is an enigma2 plugin that will allow the stb running e2 to install and run xbmc add-ons. i guess since they are both python, its possible. though i have not tested myself.

nor is add-on functionality anything really to do with xbmc functionality, but i guess its a step in the right direction...

D.
blatent bumpTongue
Do not worry
everything is legal with rules of the game.
PrismCube is really new to the XBMC scene
and will certainly contribute to the strengthening of XBMC commune
So critics have no good intentions.
I can tell you that many Coders in the future will only extend this commune.

We will not only take but also add.
Nonsense! Worrying is good, when one is not worrying about tribal belonging, money, status and so on - in the same vane...

Not all critics are against XBMC4STB/Prism Cube! Not all critics have bad intentions! Not all critics are tribal and coming from "another tribe", so "they have to be opposed" and hopefully "neutralised"...

Some critics have the best values at heart! Some critics have the hobby as their most important value first and think of "what is good for the hobby" first! You know, the worst kind of "enemy" for the "business" that "wants it all its way and no other way"...

Some critics are not "sold souls" (like some apologists here) to "a company" which supplies them with their latest products and thereby buying their "loyalty" and "tribal belonging"...

Some critics are in this for the best kind of values (Open Source and so on) and not for prestige, status, money and whatnot!!!
Criticism Yes, but only if it is based on arguments and not on doubts the theories and fabrications.
Then it becomes doubtful criticism, with no real content.
Aha, like the fact we have copyright slammed all over the XBMC4STB project (quite a turn-off, if you ask me - bad attitude in the making!), and all that after Marusys were slammed with lawsuit (by double dealing DMM) with - guess what - copyright issues all over it... They won the case but kept the attitude. Take from the Open Source but... Fact or fiction?

Loads of Prism Cube limitations, both HW and SW-wise, which makes it behind the times, in comparison with even Marusys' own boxes at the moment. So much so, we are awaiting Mark II even before Mark I is on the market, selling... Fact or fiction?

In short, I know this "Criticism yes - but only if I allow it" attitude, from the old Stalinist mindset of former YU... Makes me cringe...

Either a firm is big enough to take it on the chin and improve accordingly - or they are not serious.

We have recently seen such huge flops in our hobby - AZbug HD/OpenSat and onwards...

Let's see how this plays out, to the bitter end...

I will judge them on the facts!

Not on apologist nonsense!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vu+ and Marusys prism2