Movies suddenly stop playing at random times
I've got a new problem that's popped up this week.

All of a sudden movies / tv episodes will just stop playing at random times and I'll get dropped back to the UI, as if I pushed stop on the remote.

There is no knock-on effect, no other associated issue, and I can immediately play the same movie again and it will even resume from where it stopped.

There is no buffering or stuttering effect leading up to the stop or any indication that it's about to happen other than a VERY brief pause type effect and it stops.

I haven't changed anything specific recently, I'm running XBMCBuntu Eden.

It has been working perfectly (literally perfectly) for weeks and now suddenly this started and I have no clue why.

I've played the same movies multiple times past the same places they've previously stopped and it is not repeatable, the stopping happens completely randomly in completely random places so I'm pretty sure it's not corrupt files either.

Any suggestions?
Enable debugging in "Settings/System/Debugging (wiki)", wait for it to happen, and check the debug log (wiki) at the same time stamp that the movie stopped and see what XBMC says. Feel free to post the debug log here (via pastebin.com).
Running Aeon-Nox and the MovieSets addon/script by any chance? Disable the latter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies suddenly stop playing at random times0