how to use XBMC to stream files NOT in library
Hello everyone!

First post! Long time user of XBMC. But first time i'm using XBMC as the main media server (used to use TVersity) for UPnP streaming. Here's my scenario:

Media server with multiple local drives containing media. The media is NOT named for the scrappers that XBMC uses. For example a lot of the anime has [Subgroup]AnimeName_1x01_1080p.mkv type file naming. Therefore it will not automatically get added to the "Library". I can add the files of course and play them locally on the server, however when I connect to the server from a remote xbmc client device nothing shows up in the video library. There must be a simple way I can just define directories and stream them as is without being added to XBMC's definition of a "library". The media files are of course visible on the local server machine and playable.

Would appreciate any help, and thanks very much!
You could add the folder as a 'favourite' then enable show favourites on main screen...
Openelec PVR in lounge 6tb of storage...
XBMC PVR on 27in I3 Mac in bedroom...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

What more do you want...
Not possible. XBMC UPnP server only works with items in the library. Try this: Adding videos to the library/Home videos/custom videos (wiki)
Thank you for the suggestions!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to use XBMC to stream files NOT in library0