Aeon: MQ 3 keeps hanging
Hi
I have a stable build of Eden + Aeon MQ3. When I go into TV shows, Movies, etc and then keep returning to come back to the home menu, I just get the background and it just hangs there. Not sure what is causing this. Any help in debugging this would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have Dirty Regions enabled?

Look here and here

Not sure if developer doesn't care or just cant fix it.

So months later, I doubt this will be fixed. Either switch skins or restart XBMC dozens of times a day.
(2012-08-22, 19:17)hams1000 Wrote: Not sure if developer doesn't care or just cant fix it.

So months later, I doubt this will be fixed. Either switch skins or restart XBMC dozens of times a day.
Are you sure the OP still has the issue? I run MQ3 all the time and mine never locks up.

Issues like this are normally due to a bloated guisettins.xml. First port of call is to rename this file then go back in to XBMC. You will have to configure your skin(s) again but it should resolve the issue.

In addition Marcos has been very busy with development on MQ4 for quite a while now and if you take a look through the MQ3 and MQ4 threads he ceratinly does care! Big Grin

@Legolas if the above suggestion does not help could you post part of your xbmc.log at the point where this happens. Enable debug mode first.
(2012-08-26, 23:08)chippie Wrote: Are you sure the OP still has the issue? I run MQ3 all the time and mine never locks up.

Issues like this are normally due to a bloated guisettins.xml. First port of call is to rename this file then go back in to XBMC. You will have to configure your skin(s) again but it should resolve the issue.

In addition Marcos has been very busy with development on MQ4 for quite a while now and if you take a look through the MQ3 and MQ4 threads he ceratinly does care! Big Grin

@Legolas if the above suggestion does not help could you post part of your xbmc.log at the point where this happens. Enable debug mode first.

Do you run it with dirty regions enabled? This is a still opened bug report from Nov.
This is my crash log in the same bug report from march.

I was never able to recreate the crash with debug on.
I know Marcos cares because I did see him asking about it in a dev thread, but he still never acknowledged it to the users and forgot about it.

I guess it's irrelevant now. I followed the proper protocol to report a bug and so did others. I ditched MQ 3 in May. Having to do a killall -9 xbmc.bin in my living room every time I changed menus had my family demanding cable back. Confused I just happened to stumble upon this thread and figured I would let the op know that there isn't much of a chance of this being fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon: MQ 3 keeps hanging0