OS X Remote Comms Server Failed to start
Hi there,

I've just started using XBMC again after finding some really nice plugins for it now. But I keep getting a message on start up saying the remote communication server failed to start. When this happens my harmony remote stops working. This will happen every time I start XBMC until I disable the remote in the input menu and then re enable. The remote will work fine then, until I quit and start up again.

I have looked online for this problem but it never seams to be resolved. I have checked to see if there are any ports clashing with 9090 with the command: sudo lsof -i -P | grep -i "listen"

The only thing using port 9090 is the XBMC Helper.

I have turned on debugging in the GUI and there is no mention of this error in the logs that I could see... I will attach a log where I started up, saw the message, and quit. I have disabled all plugins I think and stopped automatically updating the libraries.

I am also having bad stability issues with XBMC crashing a lot, sometimes during playback. I tried a clean install and this didn't appear to help. This is another issue but just though I'd make it known.

XBMC Log

Cheers,

amck77
Did you ever work this out, I'm getting the same thing

Edit: I just found Mobile Mouse server was using the same port
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Comms Server Failed to start0