XBMC Hangs on Startup
I have been running XBMC v11.0 since the day it was released just fine on my mac-mini. All my shows are streamed over SMB from a Windows machine. Everything had been working great until I lost internet access for about a week. Soon as that happened when I started up XBMC it will just hang after the splash screen. The progress bar would spin but the screen remained black. So I switched back after to Boxee and I could still stream my stuff locally. I thought maybe XBMC (or one of it's plugins) wanted internet for it to run correctly (which I know shouldn't be the case). Anyways, now that I have internet again the problem still stands.

The only way to get around it is to hit the "Esc" key when it boots up after the splash screen and it works just perfectly. Any ideas on why it would hang on startup?

Here is a log file: http://pastebin.com/bEYEwNsK

I should probably note that I also switched wireless routers when I got internet access again. Also I have disabled almost all plugins I was running except for Auto Library Updater.

Thanks for your help.
You need to turn on the debug log settings>system>debug http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 it will have much more comprehensive information, restart XBMC and at the hang, copy that debug log.
Sorry, here is the full debug log. I left it on the "black screen" for about 1-2 minutes before exiting out of the application.
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1155744/
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm not that familiar with the MacMini nor O/S and there is a lot of scripts in operation. One of the devs is running a MacMini, perhaps he will see this thread and make comment. I do know that donator messages are never ignored..

I don't think I can help you here.. I did notice
Quote:"ERROR: Unable to load libcrystalhd.dylib, reason: dlopen(libcrystalhd.dylib, 1): image not found"
which to me suggests graphic software issues. Having issues, I'd suggest moving to the default skin 'Confluence', and disable most of the add-on scripts until you get this issue nailed. If you get lucky and everything starts working again, then start adding the extras one by one until you can say eureka, I found the little.... PIA. It's possible in that issue you had last week, one of the add-ons in calling 'home' has become corrupted and holds down the works. I keep a total copy of my user directory just for this purpose, if all fails a re-install with the latest is about the best I could do for a suggestion.
Thanks for your suggestions PatK.
The libcrystalhd message is normal. That's just XBMC checking to see if it can use a BCHD (wiki) chip, IIRC.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but since it seems to be freezing during a scan of your music files then it's possible there's a bad file in there that is causing the freeze. One way to test this theory would be to temporary move or rename the parent folder for your music to prevent XBMC from seeing it at start up, and thus not being able to scan. If XBMC can start up, that narrows down the issue to something with the music files or the music DB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Hangs on Startup0