XBMC MKV playback
I've ripped my blurays using MKV. If I open the file in VLC, it runs perfectly fine. But for some reason when I try and use it in XBMC it has green/yellow/red splotches all over the screen when the video is playing. I've updated my graphics driver (Nvidia GeForceGT 540M) with no impact.

I'm also running Windows 8 Pro RTM (I imagine that may be important).

Thanks,
1. Enable DXVA2 with DXVA as Renderer Method and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
2. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
3. Select proper Audio output device WASAPI: in XBMC settings/system/audio output
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks, I attempted that after reading this, but unfortunately no change. Using the 11.0 "Eden" release (the one currently on the download site).

is there a way to dump a settings .txt to here to verify I'm not configuring something wrong?

Thanks,
What did you use to rip BD to MKV?
MakeMKV. I considered that might be an issue, but VLC is running it fine. I just prefer XBMC.
(2012-08-19, 22:02)whelaro Wrote: MakeMKV. I considered that might be an issue, but VLC is running it fine. I just prefer XBMC.
You can try to disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output, because enable it can cause tearing......if this still don't solve the issue, you can try as below-

The file still can be an issue, because certain player is pickier than another......you can try to convert BD to MKV using this "DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper" to rule out file conversion issue.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC MKV playback0