OS X bad response using Apple remote on Mac Mini
Hi All,

New to this forum, so if my post is in the wrong place, please dont beat me up too much!

Can I have some advise as I am baffled by an issue I have.

Setup is as follows:

2011 Mac Mini with 4GB Ram
Clean build of Mountain Lion and all updates done
Clean new build of XBMC

HDMI Connection to Samsung TV

Ethernet connection to Switch - Switch connects to Synology DiskStation

So its a pretty standard setup and a clean build to try and remove the issue, but it did not resolve it.

Issue:
Boot the Mac Mini, connect network drives, open XBMC and use an Apple Remote to control XBMC.

Everything works for a few minutes with no issues, then over time (a few hours) XBMC does not respond to the remote control.

XBMC works with the iPhone app and the Apple Wireless keyboard with no issues. I have checked the remote works with my MacBook and all is well.

I have swapped remotes and even taken the Mac Mini back to an apple store for a health check and all is well on the hardware front. Is there anything I can do or check with XBMC?

Thanks
B
IR interference perhaps?
Have some of your devices in my setup as well. No probs. Was getting your symptoms when the battery was running low but you seem to have covered that. Also, when you say a few hours, is the mac resuming from sleep when you get these issues ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi all,

I thought it may be the LED Lights I have in the room, so in complete darkness at night - issue still happens.

Have tried brand new remote, that did not resolve it.

As for few hours, I was watching a film and then tried to use the arrow keys to get around to the next film in the series and the remote would not work. I used the Keyboard and that worked with no issues.

I know this is a really strange one, I work in the IT sector and this one is baffling me completely. I thought it may be the Mac Mini, so even apple tested that part!
: is it setup as a standard remote
: no vnc client running simultaneously ?
: any other application that maybe getting triggered accidentally ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bad response using Apple remote on Mac Mini0