Ember Media Manager -> xbmc :-(
Hi Team,
just a quick one as I am sure it has been raised before.
I am using Ember on my PC to sort out poster/fanart/nfo for my movies then push out to my xbmc (zotac).
All of the posters/fanart/nfo is localaly stored.

emm-r does not appear to stor the 'local' link for poster or fanart in the nfo file.
I guess this is why xbmc is not picking up the local posters and fanart when I do a push from emm-r.

So,
1. How do i get emm-r to store links of the local poster/fanart in the nfo ?
2. Am i correct in thinking that xbmc will pick up the nfo file and use the local poster/fanart if the tag in the file is pointing to the local source ?

cheers,
dg
(2012-08-20, 04:03)dgoogle Wrote: Hi Team,
just a quick one as I am sure it has been raised before.
I am using Ember on my PC to sort out poster/fanart/nfo for my movies then push out to my xbmc (zotac).
All of the posters/fanart/nfo is localaly stored.

emm-r does not appear to stor the 'local' link for poster or fanart in the nfo file.
I guess this is why xbmc is not picking up the local posters and fanart when I do a push from emm-r.

So,
1. How do i get emm-r to store links of the local poster/fanart in the nfo ?
2. Am i correct in thinking that xbmc will pick up the nfo file and use the local poster/fanart if the tag in the file is pointing to the local source ?

cheers,
dg

Ember will rename your artwork seperately XBMC will find your artwork without nfo
Ember does however save the links to alternative covers, fanarts in the nfo and also a link to trailers (if set up for trailers)

If you open the nfo in a text editor you should see links listed for artwork and all other relevant info
If not you should check your settings
I have ember download all artwork and save it as <movie filename>-fanart.jpg and <movie filename>.tbn for poster
Also <movie filename>-trailer for trailer and have no issues here
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
hi leepenny,
thanks for the feedback.

Yes I originaly had ember pull down the <movie>.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg
I assumed this needed to be in the <movie>.nfo file (for example) as <thumb>m:\movies\<movie>.jpg</thumb> and <fanart>m:\movies\<movie>.jpg</fanart> for xbmc to pick them up on export from ember.
Is this wrong ?

If this is not the case, does xbmc use anything out of hte nfo file ?

dg
It uses the nfo file for file stats (length and stuff), description, trailer url, actors, characters.
Also, try to keep your movies in their own folders, and have ember name the files movie.tbn.

Such as this:
E:Movies <-- Source in XBMC
|-Moviefolder
|--Movie.ext

Thanks Dragen for the advice.

dg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager -> xbmc :-(0