Win XBMC crashes at startup, Nvidia issue? Driver Issue?
Hi Guys,

I've installed XBMC 11.0 Eden. But everytime I try to start it it crashes with the dreaded black screen and windows declaring 'Windows Xbmc has encountered a problem and needs to close error'.

I went back and tried the Dharma version and that works. Having looked through the forums and several searches a recurring theme seems to be graphics drivers.

I grabbed and copied the log file and pasted here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6218. Note this is with an older nvidia card I tried, I have now put back in my Nvidia Geforce FX 7800GS and I still get the same crash.

Can anyone offer some advice from experience? Roll back the driver to a particular version? Change the graphics card to an ATI, etc? Is this an Nvidia issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Blast_uk.
Did you ever find a fix? I'm experiencing the same problem right now. This is the first time I've installed XBMC and every time I start the program I get a black screen then an error stating the program needs to close.
Hi,

I am having the same issue... I installed XBMC v11.0 on an old Shuttle XPC (Athlon XP 3200+, nVidia GeForce 6800GS), running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and am getting the same issue. I could only get the nVidia v296.10 drivers to install; all later version failed for some reason, which I am still investigating.

Anyway, I went back to XBMC v10 and it worked fine...

Blast_uk, what version of nVidia drivers are you using?
You may want to try Frodo to see if the problem has been resolved in the meantime.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes at startup, Nvidia issue? Driver Issue?0