Win Help Creating A Consert Menu Section
Hey guys, I have searched around everywhere and cant find the info I am after. So can some one please help me or point me in the right direction?

I am using the Aeon Nox skin and I am trying to create an option on the menu for concerts. I have my concerts in a separate folder on my HDD from my movies.

I would like to use TMDB to scrape the info I need. But I do not want my concerts to show up in my movies directory.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance Wink
Have a look at this new feature in Frodo:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

And could even do it with smart playlists.
One with folder path contains concerts (assuming it is in a folder called concerts).
One with everything except that (name it movies).
Set the real movies full library to hide in skin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWrYO3FuEU4
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Thanks for the reply. I was playing around with the Smart Playlists before I posted this up.

I do have a folder called Concerts but when I created a smart playlist to include that path, nothing shows up in the concert section of the menu.

Do I need to include the path Concerts in the Movie section first?

Also I want my concerts to scrape using TMDB but my normal movies to scrape IMDb.

Thanks again for your help Wink

P.S. What category should I create the Smart Playlist for concerts in? ie. Movies, TV Shows or Music Videos??
You can use the music video area and TheConcertDB scraper...see here for more info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112150
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Category depends a bit on the scraper you want to use, and the material you want to add / filter.

Your concerts need to be added as source to the main library (I used movies in this example, but checkout TheConcertDB).

But that does not mean they have to be stored in the same location/ folder as your movies.
You can use what scraper you want. Just make one folder with films and one with concerts.
Add them as separate sources, with their own scraper.

This will make them all show up in (movies) your general library. And they will be mixed.

So here is what i do with Eden and smart playlists:
You basically use the name of a folder in a path as self made genre, or filter. However you call it.

In the smart playlist you pick movies (library) to start filtering in. Then as rule you set only show if the path contains: Concerts/
Note the slash and capital depending on your OS. And give it a name.

Then make another one, with the rule does Not contain: Concerts/
Or you can just use path contains: Movies/ if the concerts folder is not within the movies folder.

So you end up with 2 playlist. One with concerts, one with movies (without concerts) and one general library (containing everything).
That last one you can hide (there is a setting for that in your skin).

And the other two you can put on your home screen instead of the general movies library (not supported by all skins).

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I finally got it to work...

The problem was the slash at the end of the 'path contains'. I had to use a \ and not a /

Only problem I have now is; In my new smart playlist for movies, I made it sort by 'Title Ascending' and when I go in the folder, all my collections are being shown at the top before all the individual movies.

Is there any way to fix this?

Also, by making the smart playlist for my movies have I lost the option to search by genre etc?
Can anyone please help me with my last problemHuh

Thnaks =)
You made it sort by 'Title Ascending', where? In the playlist xml or in the view options?

But that is kind of where your options end with Eden. In the Frodo betas you could do this a bit better by using the custom nodes (see my first post). I'm not saying it's all impossible, but you would end up with a dirty workaround.

You were not the only one that asked for better sorting, and there are people working on it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127839
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127885

Alternatively, you could put your concert videos in a handmade set. And start using the general movies library again. You would have only 1 item in your general movies library that contains your concert videos. And you could of course still have your smart playlist for concerts on home.

Patience Wink

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Why do you still try to get it into movies database and then separate it again...
Why don't you use the music video area?
That way you get around all these issues as you don't touch the movies area...

TheConcertDB is a music video scraper, not for movies
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
All good guys, thanks for the replies.

I had the sorting set up in the smart playlist but not in the category. So now if changed the sorting in the category and its all good =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Creating A Consert Menu Section0