My "Gort" A6 build for beginners
(2012-09-14, 14:09)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 23:16)azula Wrote: Well I got constellation up and running. Talk about icing on the cake!! the layout is phenomenal! I can also control XBMC through my ipad app called roomie remote. I use roomie to control all my other components in the theater including the lights but the interface for XBMC pails in comparison to constellation. I will probably start everything up with roomie then flip over to constellation for any actual browsing. I am very impressed with this app and it's capabilities!

question for you guys. what music scrapers are you all using? all my music was tagged, organized and imported but xbmc refuses to grab any type of artwork or album information. i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? i recently downloaded mp3tag and notices that the type of take varies between id3 and mp4 if that means anything?

I have found that scraping can be pretty frustrating.
One of the biggest problems is that the scraper looks for an exact name,..or some predefined format.
So when you rip music or movies,...the app will give you a default name to save the file,..or you can save as a different name.
These names can be ever so slightly different enough that the scraper doesn't recognize it at all.
I've gone to IMBD to get the exact name of the movie and then rename the file to match.

I'm using Ember for movies which has been a godsend! I don't have much experience with scrapers but this one is definitely better than MCM. If you're ever experimenting, you should definitely give it a try.

I've been manually playing with the names of my music artists also to no avail. I wanted to get my music nice and organize for the release of MQ4. I will keep working at it and see if can get it to scrape correctly.
(2012-09-14, 20:54)azula Wrote: I'm using Ember for movies which has been a godsend! I don't have much experience with scrapers but this one is definitely better than MCM. If you're ever experimenting, you should definitely give it a try.

I've been manually playing with the names of my music artists also to no avail. I wanted to get my music nice and organize for the release of MQ4. I will keep working at it and see if can get it to scrape correctly.

What's the advantage of using Ember instead of the built-in scraper in XBMC ?
The main advantage of using Ember is control. Ember let's you pick your fanart and posters individually if you want to which is awesome. I also find myself using the renaming tool that Ember has as well. Another benefit is that all your metadata is stored locally instead of in XBMC's database. So if you had to upload all your movies into XBMC, it would take a lot less time as opposed to having XBMC rescraping every movie.
(2012-09-16, 20:16)azula Wrote: The main advantage of using Ember is control. Ember let's you pick your fanart and posters individually if you want to which is awesome. I also find myself using the renaming tool that Ember has as well. Another benefit is that all your metadata is stored locally instead of in XBMC's database. So if you had to upload all your movies into XBMC, it would take a lot less time as opposed to having XBMC rescraping every movie.

I tired Ember way back and thought it was pretty cool.
However,..I use XBMC's scraper and figured out how to get it to work for my needs.
BTW,...you can tell XBMC to save all scraped data locally.

As you said,..it helps if you ever remove a movie from the DB,,...once you add it back,..the folder already has the Fanart.
Much quicker import.

Azula and Gort,

My build is done Wink.
Thnx for the help and input here, wich really helped me alot!

See my build here

ps. Can you guys comment me on this question?
Congrats on the build Laki. I checked it out. As far as the subtitle question, I wouldn't know as I have yet to delve into playing back those types of files. I've only messed with iso's and mkv's so far.

Speaking of which, I just integrated TMT5 into xbmc using bluray's guide. The 3d looks just as good as a stand alone bluray player. Everything is slowly coming together. I haven't had the courage to upgrade to MQ4 yet....I just got MQ3 setup how I like it! lol.
Just figuring out PowerDVD11 as we speak. But i might give TMT5 a try.
Does that work good for you?

Installed a Wii Emulator today so i can play Mario/Mario Kart and such.
Works amazing!
(2012-09-23, 09:49)azula Wrote: Congrats on the build Laki. I checked it out. As far as the subtitle question, I wouldn't know as I have yet to delve into playing back those types of files. I've only messed with iso's and mkv's so far.

Speaking of which, I just integrated TMT5 into xbmc using bluray's guide. The 3d looks just as good as a stand alone bluray player. Everything is slowly coming together. I haven't had the courage to upgrade to MQ4 yet....I just got MQ3 setup how I like it! lol.
I can dig it azula...finally got my box working with no freezing or buffering...definitely don't won't to mess with those settings again. At least not now anyways Cool

Just a heads up on MQ3... some add ons dont work correctly on it. Like music add ons... Digitally Imported... sky.fm ... radio... it lags pretty bad and freezes. Hope they fixed it on MQ4...

Aeon Nox 3.5 rocks... been messing with it and I am impressed.
just a quick update/small problem:

I am really loving my HTPC! My blu-ray player has become obsolete! I am still using MQ3 as I haven't had the time nor courage to learn and install MQ4, very happy with it. I do have some more tweaking to do as my audio will go out of sync for shorts periods of time throughout a movie.

The small problem that I am having is that it take FOREVER for my BD drive to recognize a BD disc inside the drive. Furthermore, while the disc is 'reading', the whole computer freezes. To make matters worse, my BD drive makes a god awful clanking noise while trying to read the disc. I'm not sure what the issue is. I have TMT5 installed which I don't think is the problem but hey, anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions and is this a common issue?
(2012-10-19, 04:33)azula Wrote: To make matters worse, my BD drive makes a god awful clanking noise while trying to read the disc. I'm not sure what the issue is.
Try this- AnyDVD HD....install and reboot it, you'll have 14 days trial...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks bluray, I will definitely give this a try!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My "Gort" A6 build for beginners1