How to remove invalid entries from movie library?
Hello,

I have one folder containing movies and its content type is set to Movie. This is ok, there are movies available in media library. But, if I remove some files from this folder, they will not be removed from library. Even if I refresh library (or it will be automatically refreshed), still invalid entries are not deleted. I need to delete all library data, set folder's data content type to None and set it to Movies again and rebuild entire library.

Is this possible to scan media library and only delete invalid entries? (invalid = file deleted), without destroying all other data? I have a lot of movies and scrapping info for them takes very long time, so I want to avoid to delete library and create it again.
system -> video -> library -> clean library.
(2012-08-21, 13:06)spiff Wrote: system -> video -> library -> clean library.

This does not seem to be the case any more ... I had over 2000 entries in my library when I moved the content from one location to a new location during a re-organization. I had to write a perl script to check the sources.xml file and remove any entry that is not located in the paths defined there.

Shout if you want the script. It only does video for now. Still working on the other media types.

Henti
By changing location you'd have to change the source location for the videos.

Invalid movie entries are definitely removed by system->videos>clean, as I just did it myself not 2 days ago...
(2012-08-26, 08:46)homevolution Wrote: This does not seem to be the case any more ... I had over 2000 entries in my library when I moved the content from one location to a new location during a re-organization. I had to write a perl script to check the sources.xml file and remove any entry that is not located in the paths defined there.

Shout if you want the script. It only does video for now. Still working on the other media types.

Henti

I was trying to point out that the library cleanup function does not clean up the library based on the correlation between the library and the source list as defined in XBMC.

Hence it's very likely that there is entries in the library that does not get removed by the library cleanup function.

Henti
(2012-08-26, 09:22)homevolution Wrote: I was trying to point out that the library cleanup function does not clean up the library based on the correlation between the library and the source list as defined in XBMC.

Hence it's very likely that there is entries in the library that does not get removed by the library cleanup function.

Henti

Library cleanup doesn't care about sources.xml at all, and never has. It only removes things that have been added to the library. Sources only tell XBMC where to scan for things to add to the library. Once something is in the library then the file path is stored in the library database.

If you change a source that has been previously set to "set content"/populate the library, XBMC will ask you if you want to update the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove invalid entries from movie library?0