Library Questions
Is it possible to have different movie libraries for different folders? For example, my movie drive is divided between 'archive' and 'new rips'.

I'd like to have a library just for the new releases and another for my archive. I don't want the two to intertwine, ideally - if possible. Can anyone advise?

Also, I just tested out my network settings for scraping; all was good but after removing some files from my new rips to the archives, it still remained in my library even after rescanning. Have I missed something?
You should be able to accomplish your first task via profiles.

For removing titles, clean your library. Settings - Video - Library - Clean Library
Thank you.

Not quite what I did, but when I tried to clean my library, it all seemed to vanish!?

Profiles sounds a good option, but is there another way - within the same profile?
Cleaning the library will only remove invalid or missing videos. Were all of your videos accessible when you did it?

From what I understand, each profile can only have one library. Why do you want two libraries? You can separate out your movies by doing smart playlists, if you just want be able to browse a subset of your movies.
I'd like two: one for my archives and one for the latest rips.

This way, I can browse quite easily through either, but don't want the new release stuff to be mixed in with my archives.

Smart playlists is something that sounds good and may be able to help, although I'm not quite sure how they work.

I'd also to have a library, or at least a designated playlist for childrens programs? Would this be via smart or would you suggest another profile?[/quote]
Smart Playlists looks as if it suits perfectly - what a great feature.

I've yet to fully scan my entire library (was looking to find out what was possible first), but you are able to define a smart playlist by actually pointing it to a 'path'.

This will mean I can create one for my new rips folder, and also one for my daughter's Disney folder collection (although you can also define a smart playlist for this for animation genres) Smile

Another question: how do you actually access your playlists? It seems I can only do this by going to 'Videos' at the top level (meaning I have to uncheck Videos always goes to files in my skin settings)?
If you have a customizable skin, you can add a custom item as a smart playlist. I know Aeon Nox can do this and I'm sure others can as well.
The nightlies and monthly Frodo builds also have more ways to customize the library:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Questions0